cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed data processing did not complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. We have recently moved our Vendor project from the development are to the Production area. The project was therefore exported from Development and imported into the Production project. Views are created across tables and rules are bound to these views. I run any tasks to calculate the scores and the tasks complete successfully. I then go to the Rule Results tab in the work space and open any view to look at columns with failed records. I then clink on the column with failed data and it shows the failed records on the right hand side of the screen. I then click on view more failed data and get the following error "Failed data processing did not complete". I can find no link on this error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kerryjones
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

Let me share my experience with this issue in hopes it save someone time researching it. IS 4.2 sp 5 is installed in my QA and Prod environments. I had to migrate two rules from P back to Q, and was expecting no issues since both rules ran successfully in Production. However, I received different error messages on each of the rules: Data is not available and “Failed data processing did not complete”.  The error appears to be tied to the views the rules are bound to.  It’s easy to fix by creating a copy of the view and rebinding the rule to the new view.

The steps below show how to recreate the problem and correct it.

Steps to recreate the problem:

1. Export rules from source environment,
  2. Import rule, task, view, and rule binding into target environment.
  3. Run rule in the target environment. Both rules complete successfully.
  4. Click “View More Failed Data” (to export the data to a spreadsheet)
  5. Received error messages on both rules.
    1. “Data is not available.”
    2. “Failed data processing did not complete.”

Steps to correct the problem:

1. Delete the rule binding,
  2. Delete the task,
  3. Copy the View,
  4. Rename the copied view,
  5. Rebind the rule to the new view,
  6. Recreate the task,
  7. Rerun the task and it should work.

Root Cause:

It’s worth mentioning I believe the root cause of this issue is these rules were first created in the QA environment, then migrated to Production where additional edits were applied. When migrating the rules backwards from P to QA I tried it using the “Overwrite Existing Objects” Import options; and I tried again by importing by deleting the Rules, Rule Bindings, Views, and Tasks in QA before importing these same objects from production. The error messages received were the same. My guess is that the imported view either did not successfully overwrite the old view, or the “View More Failed Data” button is still linked to the old failed data table created when the rule was originally created in QA.

Hope this helps,

Kerry

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the same error in IS 4.2 production.

As it is a prod sever I can not do any editions/deletions.

Please suggest...

Thanks & Regards,

Chaitanya.P

0 Kudos

Hi chaitanya,

Can you try to import the same job, but with a different view? This might force IS to create a new failed records database.

0 Kudos

HI Vitali,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But I can not import the job now.The job has been moved to prod long back.This was working fine earlier.Since 1 week it is throwing this message.

I can not change the view and re import the job now.(This needs to go for high level approvals in such case which is not possible at present.)

Thanks,

Chaitanya.P

0 Kudos

Hello all,

This might solve the issue. I noticed that this issue happens when:

1) User runs a validation rule on a view with failed database selected.

2) User changed the view after the validation rule was run with failed database selected.

3) Validation rule was run again.

4) User tries to view the failed data and then receives an error.

The way that I solved it was that I went to the failed record's database. In that database you will need to compare the schema of the failed records database and the view that you are using. It will probably be different.

If it is different then these steps that I have followed in MS SQL should fix it:

right click on the View

select "Script View As"

select the command "ALTER TO"

and then click execute.

If you are not able to access it then just ask a DBA that you work with to update the failed records database.

After that try to re-run the validation rule, and then view the data.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danie.. Were you able to find solution for this issue ? We are having the same issue.. and it is very inconsistent..

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

We logged this call with SAP as they confirmed that this is an issue. They supplied us with binaries that we tested for them and it solved the issue. They indicated that the resolution will be available in the latest patch. You will find this patch on the SAP website.

Alternatively, you can also try to edit the "Failed Record" database connection in CMC and save it and rerun your calculations or create a new failed record database and point your tasks to this connection. We have found that this sometimes also solves the issue.

Regards

Danie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This has been fixed in

SAP Information Steward 4.1 Support Pack 1 Patch 2 Version (14.1.1.386)

If you're not on the above version, upgrade.

Then if you plan to export the Failed data. That is fixed in Patch 3.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill, we are on 4.1 and SP1, no patches installed..

I will install patch 3, Users also need to export the failed data..

Thanks

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Your welcome.

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I'm getting that error now on Information Steward 4.0 SP2.

Can you confirm that this SP contains patch 3?

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error in IS 4.1 SP2. Any workaround for this ? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris - that SP should contain Patch 3 - you can always check via the Patch Notes on the SMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danie,

Hope you have pointed to the right 'failed data database' (production) when you executed the task! Please check.

Thanks, Arun.