cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Standard SAP Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

One of the Standard Class is missing from the system. The same in available in Development system but missing in Quality system. it seems that, some one inadvertently deleted the same.

I am trying to create the same but, sicne SAP Standard class, not able to create it..

Getting following error..

Name SAP_ is reserved

Message no. CL154

Diagnosis

Objects that start with SAP_ that start with SAP_ are in a reserved name range.

Procedure

Change the name of the object accordingly.

How to create this standard Class now?

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You,

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Did you try downloading the missing entry from table KLAH in development and uploading it in Quality ?

Regards,

Philippe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member287873
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Can you specify which class you are missing and which updates you applied which should have had this class?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The class is SAP_EHS_1019_031

it seems that, it got deleted from the system and now i wanted to restore it.

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You,

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Waiting for kind Support.

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I am not sure 100% it works. but can have a trial.

execute the transaction CGB7, to adapt the standard specification database structure.

standard SAP classes also part of the above. sot there may be chance of retrival.

This is not the solution, to retrieve only the specific class. you may get unwanted stuff.

And also a final note- to execute this transaction, you need a special authorization and settings.

Take a trials in your sand box and get back to me if you find any difficulty in executing the same.

Regards

kamal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

Check may be as well OSS Note 1375848 which has reference to the OSS note which Philippe mentioned. The note mentioned by Philippe is the "core" one.

If you check Markpetplace you will find a number of OSS note referring to new SAP standard classes and how to get them; As you may be now: the STANDARD SAP property tree is enlarged/updated regularly. E.g. OSS note 1761696 is referring to the really recent update (note is very new).

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Philippe,

Can you please elaborate how I can download and uplaod the entry in KLAH.

In which format i need to download it and how i can uplaod it...

Morevoer, I haev tried as follows,

but getting below error

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You,

Regards

Amol Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You should have development authorization to modify the table entries, check with Basis to get the authorization or you can ask Basis/ABAP consultant to create an entry into the table.

Thanks

Bhuwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Sorry for my late reply.

Please check SAP Note 1146700. I think some of the options might help you. It seems it is possible to chose which classes you want to transfer from the source client to the target client.

Regards,

Philippe

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

if I remember correct: the SAP classes are available in client 000 and / or 005. You need to use the "standard" operation to get this class moved to your client.

A number of OSS notes refer e.g. to "new" classes which are e.g. devlivered because of REACh, GHS etc. If i remember correct within the notes a step by step procedure is described to go on.

Check may be: http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/html/H43_EHS_EN_DE.htm

Chapter 4.1.1.3 (Uploading Characteristics, Classes and Value Assignment Types)

E.g. check: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1781964

PS: I would assume that you did not use the steps above; I am not aware of any option to "delete" a SAP class after it is "there" (in the client)

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

As per your reply, I have BB document but it has elaborated the process of creation of general class and not the standard class.

Regarding copying from 000 or 005, How Can I copy a single class. I do not want to copy all the classes as current system is recently updated for CLEO and i doubt 000 is updated from CLEO perse...

so I just wanted to create or copy single class.

Can you please advise.

Regards

Amol