cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some problem on STO Vendor Return (movement 673)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're using standard SAP cross company stock transfer process and would like to perform cross company stock return, and we faced some problem using the standard SAP STO return method (i.e. delivery type: NCR, movement type: 673).

Let's me illustrate the problem.

Example,

Plant A of company code AA performing a part return to Plant B of company code BB (return-to party).<< note different company codes>>

See following flow for my explanation:

Problem:

1. PICKING LIST PRINTING PROBLEM;
    During delivery order (DO) creation of step 2 during my testing in system, the plant value defaulted to Plant B and Plant B's storage location. Now this become a problem given that printing of picking list should be performed out from Plant A. Because DO default to Plant B, that's means picking list printout become plant B (which does not make any sense since plant A warehouse stuff is to picked parts in warehouse to perform the return to plant B).
  2. OWNERSHIP OF EXECUTION OF TRANSACTION;
    Because of the Step 2 problem (i.e. plant in DO defaulted to plant B), the ownership of performing the above transaction become confusing. It seems step 2, step 4 which are suppose to be performed by plant A user, it become a responsibility for plant B user to perform step 2, which doesn't make any sense?

I suspects the problem is because the vendor that use to simulate Plant B is tied  to plant B object in the vendor master (but this is part of requirement for standard SAP cross company stock transfer model).

Hope you can provide a clue if you happen to have this area of experience on cross company returning.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

This is the problem in std SAP intercompany return process. I faced exactly same issues at one of my client for STO return process. As the solution, you have to options

Option 1. To return material, from plant A to B...instead of creating return STO by plant A to B...You can use normal STO where plant "B" ordering material from plant "A". In this case, it become normal, STO process and all logistics document printed correctly.

Option 2: If option1 is not a agreeable solution for client, then you need to do enhancement in picklist program and other logistics document print program to print ship to address for plant "B" instead of plant "A" address.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

How did you resolve the issue? Also were you able to receive the stock in "Returns stock type"?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

We decide to forsake the standard SAP return in the cross company process, instead, we ask the selling sister plant to isse a purchasing order to obtain back the return-items from the buying plant.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel for your kind response. That is the one option we are also thinking of, as we also notice that the ship-to address in the cross company return delivery needs to be overwritten with the original selling plant address.

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through OSS note 430074 which describe the process and its limits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are using the InterCC STO the outbound delivery created will have receiving plant code and GR in receiving site is done by doing PGR against outbound delivery.

if you want that Step 2 should be done by Site A then you can create the OD automatically on saving the STO by doing setting in Materials Management->Purchasing->Purchase Order->Set up Stock Transport Order->Activate Automatic Delivery Creation and CRM Billing.So as soon as STO is created the OD will be created and Plant B need not have to perform this Step.

Also you can make this OB Item cat as not relevant for picking in Logistics Execution->Deliveries->Define Item Categories for Deliveries. So now Plant A just need to create the return STO and do the Goods return ( 161 movement ) and can use to the output of this material document  ( 161 ) to pick the goods and dispatch.

Try this option and check whether this procedure meet your requirement.

Amit.