Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLG1 Transfer logs stopped logging X-fer activities

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on GTS 10.0 and have come across an issue where the transfer log using SLG1 txn has stopped logging activities for the Orders flowing from ECC.

Could this be because the log limit has exceeded and if there is a way to make it work without having to delete the historical log that has been there for last 5 months since Go-Live?

Any help is much appreciated..

Regards,

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I should have added that the Number Range Object for logging is APPL_LOG.  Use Transaction SNRO to check the Interval setting.  The normal setting is from 0 to 99..999 (20 digits), so extremely unlikely that you have created so many logs, especially in 5 months of live running.

Regards,

Dave

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you David. I checked everything that you mentioned but the problem seems to be elsewhere. I think it is tied to the SM58 transfers from ECC. We have event based transfer of master and transaction data which during heavy traffic clogs the system on the target side. Upon clearing up some LUW's there has been some difference but will monitor for some more days to make sure that was the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Were you able to figure out what was wrong. I have an issue where the system drops SLG1 logs intermittently. We are seeing the issue in a new production environment.

What did you guys end up doing to fix this?  

Regards,

Shravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Use SLG1 to display the last logs available.  In the top pane of the results screen, you can see the Log Number.  Does it look as though the Number Range is exhausted?  If it is, then all other logging should also have stopped at that time - did you check the logs for other objects?

Regards,

Dave