Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAKISA 4.0 - Adding fields to Org unit Box for Manager View

IG1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I need to add fields Employee Subgroup to Org Unit box for Manager's view.

I am using NAKISA 4.0.

Currently we have standard fields Org Unit Name,Manager's Name and Manger's position fields.

Could you pleas help me, how to do the same.

Thanks

Ishaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ishaan,

Are you using the SAP_Live_RFC or SAP_Staged build? You need to edit your data source (SAP function module if using SAP_Live_RFC or database table if using SAP_Staged) so that the field is available there. Once that is done you need to update the data element in the AdminConsole Data Center so the field is showing in the application. It should then be possible to add the field to your view in the View Designer. After this you can edit your view template XSL to add the code to display the field. If you cannot add the new field in the View Designer then you can also do it directly in the XSL (it is straightforward - just look at the other fields that have been added).

This is not such a straightforward task if you don't have experience of customizing the application via XML and XSL.

Best regards,

Luke

IG1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for reply.

I am using SAP_LIVE.

Is there no option for adding the field directly in view designer via ADMIN CONSOLE ?

In the view designer i don't see any option to dd a new template field.

Thanks

Ishaan

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ishaan,

That is correct. You first need to ensure the field is returned by function module /NAKISA/OC_OU_STRUCTURE as it is not by standard.  You can follow the logic used for the field MANAGER_PERSONNEL_ID to add your logic for the Employee Group of the manager. Once this is done you need to update the data element OrgUnitHierarchyDataElement in the AdminConsole Data Center or directly in the data element configuration (OrgUnitHierarchyDataElement.xml).

If your field does not show up in the AdminConsole after you have added it to the function module then you will need to restart the application in the NW Admin as sometimes the function module fields get cached.

Once the field is in the data element then I would add it directly to the view XSL template ou_manager_c4f0c2cd93064be.xsl. You can copy an existing field definition and add your own. For example:

<xsl:variable name="ManagerEEGrp" select="/cds/sections/section[@name='ou_manager_TopLevelDetailc4f0c2cd93064be']/detail[@name='ou_manager_TopLevelDetailc4f0c2cd93064be']/record/field[@name='MANAGER_EEGRP']"/>

Best regards,

Luke

IG1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for reply.

Does it mean that i need to copy this standard function module

/NAKISA/OC_OU_STRUCTURE  and make changes after converting it into a Z FM ?

Thanks

Ishaan

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ishaan,

Either you can create a Z copy (which will require more customization on the Nakisa side) or you can use an enhancement point in the function module. While usually I would recommend creating a Z copy, Nakisa have released a few bugs fixes recently and if they release more you will have to manually add all changes to your Z copy of the function module. Using an enhancement point should be a safe way to enhance the Nakisa function module without affecting the standard delivered code.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

As you mentioned, under which folder template i should edit the XSL?

Option 1:

My Built--> Templates_Generated

Option 2:

My Built--> Templates_Deployed

I have edit the template ou_pos_hda93b6d78940004cf.xsl

But its not showing the added field

Answers (0)