cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change number of decimal places for prices

Former Member
0 Kudos

When increasing the number of decimal places for prices from 2 to 3 in General Settings in 9.0, the error message "Cannot update while another user is connected to the company" is displayed.

The only users logged-in in Administration > License administration are my user and the b1i user. Is the B1i user causing the problem?

If I try to update a UDF, B1 shows that there are two "connections" to the company, both named FFSAP01, and does not allow the update. FFSAP01 in this case is the name of the server running B1. You can ignore these connections and the UDF can be updated.

Could the FFSAP01 be terminal server sessions?

What is going on here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

brian_kamau
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried all solutions but they did not resolve my issue.

Kindly do the following:

1.Detach and then attach the database to drop connections.

2.Stop the integration  service

3. Log in as super user.Check if the B1i user is greyed out, it should be greyed out to proceed further.If not start at (1) and restart license service.

4.Change the Customer database to single user mode by:

To set a database to single-user mode

1. In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
  2. Right-click the database to change, and then click Properties.
  3. In the Database Properties dialog box, click the Options page. 
  4. From the Restrict Access option, select Single.
  5. If other users are connected to the database, an Open Connections message will appear. To change the property and close all other connections, click Yes.

5. Log in to SAP . Stop all addons.

6. Update number of decimals Successful.

7.SET THE DATABASE BACK TO MULTI-USER.

Hope you find this helpful.

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would restart the SAP Server, then I recommend stopping all SAP related services - integration framework, DI Server etc apart from the License Manager.

Then, I would login to SQL Server Management studio, and using the Activity Monitor check all active processes for that database and kill then - except for your SAP Client.

Please go to SAP Services and stop all the services except License Manager Service.

Stop the addons and DI API service from Server tools.

Then try to change the decimals. It will solve your problem.

The Note attached what you asked for

1247060  - Cannot update certain fields while other users are connected

Symptom

In SAP Business One release 2005 and earlier, it was possible to update  all fields in Company Details and General Settings window (under Administration -> System Initialization) even if other users were connected to the company database at the same time.

Starting SAP Business One release 2007, it will not be possible to  modify certain fields such as Local Currency and System Currency (in  Company Details form -> Basic Initialization tab) and Decimal Separator  and Thousands Separator (in General Settings form -> Display tab) when other users are connect to the company database (via application or DI).

If you will try to update these fields while other users are connected  to the DB, an error will be displayed: "Cannot update while another user is connected to the company".

The check if other users are connected to the database will be done  based on all possible connection, meaning not only SAP Business One applications but also Add-ons and other SQL connections.

Cause

Consulting

Solution

The new behavior was introduced so to prevent change in basic definitions in the database that affects all users and all transactions that are being created.

For example, in previous release it was possible that a certain user  will modify the decimal separator in the company while other users are producing documents or performing other operations.
As a result, it could have been that a document would be created with  the wrong separator since the separator was modified during the creation  of the document. This would happen since any open form will not be updated with the modifications that were done by other users.

Other terms

Update, Modify, Change, LC, SC, Update Company Service Information, More  Than One User, Change, 2007, 2005, SDK, DB, Application, B1

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you got the answer , please close this thread.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William

I notice that it can happened if you have active addons
connected to the database. Try to close the addons (sometime you have to force
the closing process in the SQL ) and then change the decimal points

Regards,

Shachar

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue has been discussed over different threads in this space.

You can check the following thread and search for more as per your requirement :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3278316

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team