Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.31 and Successfactor Integration

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly let me know what are the ways we can integrate PI with Successfactor with its merits and demertis for employee central data

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish ,

1. There is a RDS content availale from SAP to integrate SAP and Successfactor EC, But this is very limited in funcationality.

It only covers Data From SAP to successfactor.

1. Employee Master -> One Directional ( Soap-XI to SOAP-AXIS Async)

2. Org. Master  -> One Directional  ( Soap-XI to SOAP-AXIS Async)

3. Compensation Data <- > Bi directional (  SOAP-XI to SOAP-AXIS Sync)

4. Reporting and Analytics Data -> One Directional ( File to SOAP-AXIS )

This Analytics data can be send to Successfactors and covers most of the EC part . but this is mostly for reporting purpose . it will not cover and Process.

for Compensation data - there is mandatory requirement of Org and EMaster data in Successfactor.

2. Now If you have any requirement to pass this data apart from processes covcered in Predefined content.

You need to handle that building custom Interfaces. Though that would be a tedious activity .

1. Import Successfactor certificates in keyStore and WebSecurity

2. SOAP Normal Receiver channel is used to get HTTP Session ID.

3. SOAP AXIS and Dynamic Set Properties is used to set Session ID in HTTP Header and Poll Data.

Now Limitation is it can only poll 800 records Max . So You need to handle that in Java Mapping Or Proxies and poll left / rest of data based on Session ID.

There are complexities in building custom scenario but surely it can be build .. Based on those complexaties customer choosing Boomi as middleware becuase it has a application specific adapter to poll and push data into successfactors. and things are very easy using Boomi adapter.

but only concern of using Boomi is Will it survive in long term ???

Hope that would be usefull

Regards

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to above Processes , SAP has included recruiting also in current Content.

Recruiting ( Job Application and Job Recognition).

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Can you specify more clear on the

Recruiting ( Job Application and Job Recognition) as i have no idea on this.

Thanks,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Sorry for delay in response.

As per the SAP’s Latest Integration Content release, They have  also included recruiting in per-defined content.

Recruiting ( Job Application and Requisition Data ) from SF to HCM.

Understand this Process :-

Step I Importing of job application from SF to HCM .

Step II When Job Status is changes in HCM e.g. (changed to Hired) that this status change will be  sent back to SF to make it sync in SF and HCM.

There is training available by SAP on this : Attract to Hire Training Presentation.

Regards

Prabhat Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat,

We are implementing SuccessFactors and will need to configure interfaces with our SAP HCM system. Our plan was to use the SAP Integration Add-On (Rapid Deployment) along with SAP PI connectivity adapter.

After reading your comment I am concerned that this solution would not provide all of the necessary data and functionality for our SuccessFactors implementation.

Has your opinion changed now that the SAP Integration Add-Ons and SAP PI connectivity adapters have been updated and are more robust than they were in 2013?

Thanks for your input!

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I have used SAP PI for integrating SAP HCM with SuccessFactors in two of my recent projects. We were able to meet all the requirements of the client. I believe the SAP content is extensive and covers a lot of ground. SAP PI Add-on for SuccessFactors is designed keeping in mind the functionality required for integration. The integration covers Employee data, Compensation data and Recruiting data.

SAP has recently released a SucessFactors adapter as well. Check out this blog.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

FYI: As far as i know, there is no RDS for SuccessFactors integration. There is only an add-on that is available from SAP for integration.

1. There is a RDS content availale from SAP to integrate SAP and Successfactor EC, But this is very limited in funcationality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the informative reply. Do you mind me asking what adapters you used in SAP PI and if you have any examples?

If we plan to use the SAP Add-On for SuccessFactors we would need to utilize SAP PI with SuccessFactors adapter for our middleware solution. I currently do not have a good understanding of how this would work and if the tool is currently robust enough to feasibly implement our interfaces.

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

can you please let me know how to understand the flow of RecruitingDataSynchronization in ESR. I never created process integration scenario. what will it do, can i go with each call with out using this Process integrtion scenario.

if any links please share .

thank you.

regards,

loordh.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

SAP PI has a standard SFSF Adapter that is built specifically for SF connection. This supports both OData and Atom queries. With 7.31, you should be able to add this Add On.

Thanks
Raj

0 Kudos

Also please check the following notes for more information:

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the below blog.. Intresting

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3256053

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The challenge here is network compatiblity, if your PI system able access outside network systems available in internet world then you are good to go use AXIS adapter ..

Sucess Factors not part of your client network hence your PI developments should be accessible to outside world.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Successfactor integration is going to be another Cloud integration of SAP PI. I don't think you will face any severe challenges and PI has Axis protocol to handle this. You can check the below blog which has complete information:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/02/27/sap-hcp-and-successfactors-bizx-i...