cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Exceptions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i have never used exceptions..and got a question..

i have 2 key figures, A( formula) and B( Formula). i have to mark Key figure B green if its grater then A, and mark red if less then A.

i dont find an option in an exception screen where you compare 2 key figure.

please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for replying ...

But , the problem with doing that way , the way you all have said, I have to keep my extra column visible .

If I hide or hide can be shown , the exception doesn't work.

And , I can't keep in informative extra column in my report.

What is the solution?? Thanks again those are willing to help rather complain .... 

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sandy,

In Exception we can compare values of one field only.

Comparison between 2 fields not possible.

As you are saying you can't maintain extra field( CKF) in your report.

So comparison not possible between 2 fields

Thanks

Aakash Gujja

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe "Hide Can be Shown" should work. Because, your whole report executes in OLAP processor for all columns and pops up all exceptions. Have you tried to implement the If..Else in Query and finally concluded that this KF has to be shown?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its hard to digest.. But there is no other possibility i could find other then having an extra column...

Thanks,

Nithesh.

former_member209895
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

What you could do is, create one more calculated key figure with an if else condition inside it comparing formula A with formula B. If B is greater than A then the value of this new key figure will be 1 else zero, then set exceptions on this particular key figure and display this key figure alongside of FORMULA B. This will make the coloring appear in the very next column to Formula B, but not on Formula B.

(Formula B > formula A)*1 + (Formula B < Formula A)* 0.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Manohar. D

Former Member
0 Kudos
anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search the forum before posting.

Report abusing this thread.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you ever helped someone? If not , do it. It's lot of fun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below links for creating the exceptions...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/21b4cd14cd06f4e10000000a422035/content.htm

http://www.saptraininghq.com/how-to-create-exceptions-in-the-sap-bw-query-designer

For your scenario i would suggest to create a formula and compare these too values using logical expression and create an exception on that...

Create a formula form1---  (( 'Key B' > Key A' ) * 1))

Now if B is > A result is 1  else 0.

Now create an exception as when form1 is = 1 then green and form1 = 0 then red...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Nithesh.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

On bex tool bar, you will exceptions icon, side to cell editor, once you click on this, you can understand easily by defining exceptions there.

You can't compare with another key fig in exceptions, you can give key fig value ranges, which ranges fall below or greater than that, for them you can apply colors, but exceptions degrade your query performance.

Hope you understand.

Thanks