cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate an extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anybody give me the procedure to copy an extractor ?

Thanks

Will assign points for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has provided an custom user exist for the extractor which would get triggered

accordingly to meet the SAP BW std. delta and other internal settings..

coping the extractor program is as simple as any other program copy..

But I don't thik that, you would be able to set the functionality of the Std. SAP provided extractor..and of course there is no need also..

Try to utilize the existing extractor for any sort of your requirements even for testing..

Hope it helps..

Assign points if useful..

Cheers,

Pattan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be more clear on why you want to copy the extractor ....

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to test something by changing the code that comes with the standard extractor and I would like to copy the extractor and try it out.

Please let me know the procedure to copy the extractor..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Standard extractor program comes as empty, you find nothing in that, no source

would be threre for you to change..it will be totaly blank..

Again I tell you that, what ever you would like to test or code in to the extractor

do it in the existing program..ZXRSAU01..and it will help you to modify/moneover

your data according to your business req/logic..

Cheers,

Pattan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to test the Stnadad Extraction process, simply you can go with standard one only . I donot think that we need to make duplicate of it for testing purpose.

Also refer the below link:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=1445379&messageID=2953359

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info..

keeping the testing thing apart...

if i want to create a z extractor to pull the data with the same logic as a standard extractor what would be the procedure ?

considering the fact that the standard extractor is pulling the data using a function module..

could you tell me the steps..

thanks

Message was edited by:

Shruti Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shruthi,

For the same thing , you have asked for FM extractor, so Use it and build your own extractor..SAP Standard Extractors are all FM Extractors...

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

so i just copy the code of the FM which comes with the standard extractor and paste it with a 'z' fm..

and could you tell me the steps to identify the FM that a standard extractor is using ?

in rso2 when i try to display the standard extractor it gives me a warning at the bottom of the page which shows the FM that it is using...is that it or is there another place i have to be looking for ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I donot understand when we need this really. Ofcourse it is very complicated process ,I hope, because we need to know how the standard Extractor is updating few tables in R/3 for Delta loads point of view .

So to avoid all of these issues and still to extract the data from same base tables of Standard extractor ,you can go with Generic Datasource.

If you still want to Know about complete coping the Standard Extraction process, I donot have answer for that.And kindly let me know the answer once you get it .

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to copy an extractor to extract data to another BI system in

ADDITION to the 1st - standard one.

Any ideas how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your Question is not clear to me; do you want to use an ECC extractor to get data to another SAP BI system?

Or to another BI System?

Or do you want to create a changed version for the extractor?

In the first case: just replicate it in your new SAP BI system.

In the last case: Use RSO2 to find out which view/functionmodule is used and create a z-variant for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is going to be another BI system (non SAP )

just a copy in the z-space: it is not that simple because this will not duplicate the whole delta handling.