cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin sorting during putaway

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have done the Bin sorting for the activity area (= storate type 0002) for the putaway PTWY

.Bin sort sequence is also created and saved for the bins in the activity area and storage type 0002.

Now during putaway, system find the storage type as per the storage search .

But within the storage type system  is not finding the empty bin as per the sort sequence.

I am missing something ?

Thanks in advance

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the bin sorting for the activity putaway can be used to sort the warehouse task inside a warehouse order. If you want to influence the bin search direction, you have to use the activity CLSP (cross line stock putaway) for sorting.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thank you very much. It works.

I could able to sort bin as per the aisle , stack and level. There is also path direction ( Alternating and Not Alternating ) for Aisle , Stack and level and picking mode . How does this work ? I could not find documentation on this.

Appreciate you help on this.

Thanks in advance

Brgds

SS

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"There is also path direction ( Alternating and Not Alternating ) for Aisle , Stack and level and picking mode . How does this work ?"

Try it out, that is in my opionion the best way to understand how the different sorting criteria work. Change the sequence, resort, check the sorting, change the sequence again.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I want to use the activity CLSP for putaway. However, I cannot create a warehouse process type with the activity CLSP. System gives error 'select a valid process category'.

I am a bit confused as to how the activity CLSP will be picked by the system, even after I have defined the activity area and done the sorting.

Can you please shed some light?

Thanks,

Najmuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is hardcoded. As long as the activity "8" is defined in warehouse number and proper master data are set, the sorting CLSP should be populated.

You can check form SORT_EMPTY_BINS in program /SCWM/SAPLPUT_BIN_DET to make sure.

Petr

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Najmuddin,

you never have a wpt with the activity CLSP. If you have done the sorting with the activity CLSP (or the activity with the process category 😎 then the system will use this for the bin determination. If there is not sequence for CLSP, it just uses the "standard" sequence (means how the bins are sorted if not special sequence is defined).

In the WT you will always have the activity from the WPT, which is then putaway.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen

Answers (0)