cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.31 Process Chain executes in target system upon transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the middle of an upgrade cycle to move to BW 7.31 Level 5. The upgrade has been done in our DEV and QA. I made a
small change (adding one DTP) to a process chain in DEV. I sent the transport to QA. In our previous version (7.01 Level 9), when you went to the target system ( QA for example) after transporting a process chain, and you double clicked the process chain, the Modified version had to be explicitly activated in the target system for it to become the Active version.

After transporting the slightly altered process chain from DEV to QA, I went into QA and double clicked the process chain. I saw that the Active
version already included the new DTP. Great. Apparently in 7.31 you no longer have to activate a process chain after a transport. However, I also discovered that the process chain executed as soon as the Method Execution (0) Successfully Completed entry was in the transport log. That’s not good. This particular chain is a Local chain that is called from another process chain. It is not a Periodic job and is set to Immediate start. To be absolutely sure of this behavior, I later needed one more DTP in the process chain. I added the DTP in DEV and transported the process chain to QA. When I saw the transport complete, I logged in to QA, went to RSA1, and did a Manage on a cube I knew would be loaded by the process chain. Sure enough there was a new load request running. I never even went into RSPC, so I know I did not execute the process chain. Have any of you experienced this behavior? If so, is there an OSS Note that corrects this issue? I did a Notes Search but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks in advance,

Ben Fitzgerald

Senior Engineer

NIIT Media Technologies, LLC

Augusta, GA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Our functional team is complaining that whenever they try to modify a Process chain in the DEV system, they are asked to provide a transport request. This didn't happened before according to their saying. How did this happen? How can we change this - meaning no transport request asked for changing a Process Chain. I mention that I am Basis and not very familiar with Process Chains.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Check following and change to your preferences:

(T-CODE RSA1)

0 Kudos

Thank you, I will give it a try.

0 Kudos

Hi Ben

Searching for something else I came across your post. You have probably resolved the issue now, but my understanding is that if you transport a process chain with the start variant set to Direct Scheduling>Immediate Start it will run as soon as it is active in the target system.

To overcome this, I transport all my process chains with the start variant set to Start Using Meta Chain or API. Once the PC is active in the target system I change the start variant to the required Scheduling Option.

Regards

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I submitted a message (I see they are called incidents now) to SAP back in May when I had this issue. I got an answer quickly. Andreas has the solution in his/her November post above.

Make sure you have a value of X in field NO_TP_SCHEDULE_IMMEDIATE in table RSADMIN.

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos

Standard behaviour ?!

See OSS  912367 and OSS 1233327

former_member199597
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

Not sure if you ever solved this problem.

However, check table rsadmin for the following entries:

NO_TP_SCHEDULE_ANY
NO_TP_SCHEDULE_IMMEDIATEX

Just google for that - should help ya out.

Cheers,

Andreas