cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance needed with importing fixed assets with salvage value in SAP 9.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Can anyone please help / guide how to import fixed asset with a residual / salvage value in SAP 9.0?

I am able to import the assets with the applicable fields that contain values like APC, APC History and Accumulated Ordinary Depr. values, but unable to import with residual / salvage value.

If I import the asset with the salvage field selected the import goes through, but when looking at the asset in the asset master data, none of the values but the Historical APC value pulled through.

I went through the delta training for fixed assets in SAP 9.0, SAP forums and searched online but couldn't find any steps on how to do it.

If anyone managed to import a fixed asset with salvage value, can you please assist?

Regards,

Kobus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kobus,

Please check in Administration --> Data Import/Export --> Data Import --> Import Fixed Asset Master Data from Microsoft Excel

Regards,

Marcelo Silva Santos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Marcelo,

Thank you for the response.

I managed to import the assets with salvage values. I had to create a separate depreciation type for the assets with a residual value and insert a % value in the Salvage Value % field in the depreciation type window.

Regards,

Kobus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kobus,

I have a client that uses a flat amount as salvage value for all assets instead of a percentage of the asset. How do i bring in this amount? I noticed that without the salvage value, B1 recalculates the monthly depreciation rate which is different from the client's rate because of the salvage value. If i already have the depreciation rate for each asset, how can I import this value to prevent SAP from recalculating the depreciation rate?

I will appreciate any assistance

Regards

Debola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Debola,

In the Depreciation Types – Setup window you can specify a percentage for example of 1% in the Salvage Value Percentage field, which will assign a 1% salvage value of the acquisition value of the asset to all assets using this depreciation type.

Then in the Asset Master Data window you can update the salvage value for each asset to the required value.

If you are importing the assets, just add an additional column to your Excel import template containing the salvage values for each asset, make sure to use the Depreciation Type that allows for salvage value.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Kobus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kobus,

Thanks for the response. The client does not use percentages as salvage value. the client uses a fixed amount like $10 for all assets as salvage value.

I found out that while setting up the depreciation type, you can specify the remaining book value as an amount. I tried this but it didn't work. I also noticed that there is a check box "include salvage value in depreciation calculation". I want to select this option and see if it will work. Have you used this before?

What i want to achieve is for B1 to deduct the remaining book value from the asset value before calculation the monthly depreciation amount.

Regards

Debola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kobus,

The salvage value column expects a percentage and like I said the client uses a fixed amount. I also noticed that I am not suppose to select the check box to include the salvage value.

The issue I have is this. If the asset value is $50,000 and I am depreciating over 36 months with a salvage value (or remaining book value) of $100, the monthly depreciation should be (50,000 - 100) / 36 which is $1,386.11. I want to import after 30 months and it has a NBV of $8,416.66. After importing, instead of using $1,386.11 as the monthly depreciation, B1 uses $1,388.89 for the first 5 months and $1,572.22 for the 6th month.

The client wont take this since it affects the total depreciation value that hits the GL.

Regards

Debola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debola,

No I haven't used the "include salvage value in depreciation calculation", I suggest setting up a test environment and see what postings you get when select this setting on.

On your question: "What i want to achieve is for B1 to deduct the remaining book value from the asset value before calculation the monthly depreciation amount." - This might be the way B1 does the calculations, after testing on your side I suggest e-mailing SAP Support to find out.

I understand your requirement but unfortunately I haven't had the same requirement using the salvation value.
Only knowledge I have of the salvage is to enter a % in the depreciation type - setup and then after importing or acquiring the asset, update the salvage field in the asset master data with the correct value (this field allows for values and not %), not the salvage field in the depreciation type - setup.

Regards,
Kobus

Answers (0)