cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with WCEM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seniors,

I am a Technical Consultant with good knowledge of SAP ABAP, OOPS ABAP, SAP CRM and Scripts. I also possess a fair amount of knowledge in development in Core Java, HTML and J2EE technologies like Servlets and JSP.

I have gone through various blogs in scn and other blogs. But not able to get to know what are the other technologies that I need to know in order to get going with WCEM.

Also, how to setup and configure a development environment for the development of WCEM application. I have tried with Public WiKi, but I do not have access to it as I don't have SAP user access to it.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sachin N M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question. We are using ECC for sales and CRM for just interactions, service tickets. No materials and pricing in CRM but only customers.

WCEM can talk with both CRM for Interactions, service tickets and ECC for Sales order at a time. We need a single portal whcih can communicate with CRM and ECC.

Is it possible, what is the best option. We do not want sales in CRM as it will be a big scope change.

Please advise.

Sha.

rami_reddy4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Currently I am working on WCEM POC. Could you please help me on below mentioned thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3593131

Thanks,

Venkata Ramireddy

Arno-Meyer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,
The most valuable source is probably the Installation Guide which requires a named user to access the document.
However the blogs are also helpful: especially

and

best regards,

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

Thanks for taking your time to reply.

I have gone through these links, I got the overview of WCEM. But to get into details, I do not have a user access. So, any information on development in WCEM without requiring user access would be more helpful.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

you must get your S-user first, before start to those things. Setting up a environment without having access to the service market would be painful for you. Did your client bought the licence yet, if not, then you are not authorized to have access yet and must ask your manager, that he is getting in contact with SAP to sort this first before doing anything else. Getting around that part is not something we can help you with, we can only highlight what pre-requisits you need  be able to start with WCEM.

Best Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look over the issue and try getting it resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Sachin