cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EHS Experts,

Upon installing WWI Generation Server on my newly created local pc with admin rights, i tried double clicking/opening ehsManSrv.exe and the below error message pops up.

I believe ehsManSrv.exe is the executable path for EH&S Administration Management Server. Can i request your ensights on this error message please? CGSADM still doesnt displaying any info and below message appears:

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

do you use WWI cookbook? If not please refer to: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109

Here there are looks to WWI cookbook discussed. I assume that your basic SAP EHS set up is not complete etc.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear C.B.,

Yes I did use WWI cookbook. Please be aware that im using sap log on 7.3 and ecc 6.0 for sap version. I just wanted to clarify if my understanding for the below item is correct.

The steps marked with (Admin) need to be carried out with administrative privileges in Microsoft Windows. The steps marked with (WWI-User) need to be carried out us-ing the WWI user account, because user-specific settings are necessary.

Admin – Administrator

WWI User – The created User Account with Adminstrator rights?

(Admin) Install WWI. chapter 4.5 Installing WWI this is as per cookbook. Is my understanding correct that I don’t need to log in to my newly created user account and just install it to my Admin account?

Kind regards,

Mark

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

please write down the steps u followed from scratch which will enable the experts to solve the issue.

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhinesh/Experts,

PC1-My original with admin rights

PC2-WWI user with admin rights

My sap gui is installed on PC1 prior to execution of the below steps

Theres already printer installed on my PC1 so i decided not to reinstall it in PC2 prior to execution of the below steps.

Here are the steps i made:

1. (PC1) Installed MS word 2007

2. (PC1) Created New User Account with Admin Rights

3. (PC1) Granted the WWI User the "log on service"

4. (PC1) Granted the WWI user the DCOM privileges

5.  (PC1) Created RFCs in SAP for (1) EHS Service Administration and (2) WWI Generation Server

6. (PC1) Installed the WWI downloaded from SAP market place (file name is 50118243_8 – NW 7.0 Presentation – Server Components 7.3 Compilation 2)

7. (PC2) log on to PC2 and Configure MS word Macro security

8. (PC2) Updated the RFC.ini file with the RFCs created in SAP

9. Started the computer

10. (PC2) Logged in to PC2 to make the EHS Administrator Server running. I double checked it and was running

11. (PC1) Accessed CGSADM in SAP (nothing was coming out on the screen). Pop up message: No EHS Management Server is currently Logged in at the SAP Gateway.

Please share your expert insights on this. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Your insight on the above concern please? Thank you so much in advance. Just want to add another question. Do i need to configure EHS before i initiate WWI installation? My understanding is I can do the installation without doing the configuration as all i need is to create RFC thru SM59.

Kind regards,

Mark

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

I suggest you to skip any installation in PC2. Do everything in PC1. PC2 is required only when everything is running fine in PC1 like RFC's generation of shipping order's...etc.

Hope you never followed the document I sent.

Do not install any expert server now.

Follow the steps as below again.

1. Create RFC

2.Install WWI package patch 30 or whichever is latest n refer cookbook.

2a. Update RFC.ini and wwi.ini file using admin login

2b. Maintain Svcadmin.exe file

2c.Check if your wwi server is running or not(CG5Z)

3. Maintain DMS settings as given earlier

4.Maintain Shipping reason

5.Maintain communication method

6.Maintain shipping from SD

7.Create Job for shipping from SD to EHS

8. Create Job for WWI

9.Create a Sale order and delivery

10.Check for shipping order generation using CVD1.

In PC2, just install the WWI package and do nothing

The shipping order will run in both PC1 and PC2 when a sale order is created.

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you C.B. and Dhinesh for your insights.

Dear Dhinesh,

May I know please what you meant on item 2 and 10? I believe item 2 speaks for the installation of WWI on PC1 and item 10 also speaks the same except that its pointing that the installation should be done in PC2.

Also for item 3, kindly provide the specific instruction for DMS settings just to capture all the related details of your instructions.

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Mark

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Please update the DMS settings which i sent. You havent maintained DMS yet .

Kindly go through the documentation which i sent and adapt.

Regards

Dhinesh

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Do you still get the error No EHS management server is logged in the gateway??

Regards

Dhinesh         

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhinesh,

Unfortunately im still getting the error and nothing appears when accessing CGSADM.

Kind regards,

Mark

christian_hund
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mark,

to find the error why there is no Managment Server availabel ot CGSADM try to follow these instructions:

stop the EHS Administration Managemtn Server in Windows Services.

Start the ehsmansrv.exe from console.

Check if it connects OK, or if any error messages occur.

If there are errors, fix configuration in SAPRFC.INI

If OK, do further checks:

compare settings of GWHOST, GWSERV and PROGID in SM59 and SAPRFC.INI for the destination, they need to be identical.

If this still does not help, check note 839750 for further tricks.

If you still got issues, open a SAP support ticket.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Please check "GW/ACL_MODE" parameter in your ECC environment. If it is enabled & no reginfo is maintained then EHSADMIN program will not be able to register in your ECC environment. First try to set "GW/ACL_MODE"=0 & then check the WWI program is able to register itself under transaction "SMGW" in ECC. Hope this helps.

Also you can refer "http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Gateway+Access+Control+Lists" to get more detail.

Regards

Baldev Singh