cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error 1327. Invalid Drive:U\' while installing Crystal Reports for VS 2010 on Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having recently installed VS 2010 on Windows 7, I tried to install Crystal Reports (v13.0.3.x) downloaded from SAP site. I get an "Error 1327. Invalid Drive:U\".

Can someone help on how to fix this error?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reported problem has been fixed by making a few registry changes. The I.E. favourites folder is on U Drive and there were 4 registry entries giving "U:\favourites". By replacing these entries with UNC path, installation of Crystal Reports for VS 2010 went through successfully.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

benicio
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Open CMD and type de command

subst [type invalid drive here ]: C:\temp

example: subst f: C:\temp

(This will substitute the invalide drive for a temporary drive)

Ps: If the message "path not found - C:\temp" appear on CMD, you may create the path mannualy on windows.

Abra o CMD e digite o comando

subst [digite a unidade inválida aqui]: C:\temp

exemplo: subst f: C:\temp

(Isso substituirá a unidade inválida por uma unidade temporária)

Obs: Se aparecer a mensagem "caminho não encontrado - C:\temp" no CMD, você pode criar o caminho manualmente no Windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your U drive a network drive?

Sometime Windows can not work with network drive, so copy the installation files to your local computer and try again.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JianMing,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, U Drive is a network drive but not linked with installation of Crystal Reports. I disconnected the U drive for installation. All the installation files and extraction is being done on C Drive.

Mahinder

0 Kudos

Hello,

Try SP 5 and uninstall first, if anything shows in the Programs and Feature and the delete from Program files.

Try also extracting locally first and specify c:\Crystal.... rather than the un-qualified location.

And the error is being reported by MSIExec, look it up on MSDN site and see if it gives you more info.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried both SP3 and SP5, nothing gets installed. Immediately after extracting in a separate "c:\crystalreports" folder, I get the same error message "Error 1327. Invalid Drive:U\".