cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy 50 along with Alternate Strategy as 40 in Projects - is it possible

0 Kudos

We use two strategies for planning all the materials .

1) make to stock - ( mixture of strategy 40 & 70.)

2) make to order - strategy 50

We don't have separate materials for projects. We use same materials for projects that we use in Sales Orde

Processing and Demand Management.

The Issue is we are only able to use items with make to stock strategies in Project.

The Process is such that we attach Material to WBS and then explode the BOM of that material.

But we are only able to process the Make to stock items for which planned order are created which are convertible.

When we use Items with Strategy 50 and when we add that tot project WBS at that point of time Planned ordrer are

created which are non convertible.

We dont create sales order in oour project process.

Is there any solution to this.

One of the thing we tried is

We tried to use strategy Group by adding Make to Stock strategy as alternative strategy in Strategy Group 50. But

when we add the Item to WBS and explode BOM the Independent Requirement is directly added as Requirent Type VSE.

Is there a way I can change the Requirement Type when I add the Items to WBS and Explode the BOM so that I can

change the requirement type which is added by defaukt as VSE of STrategy 50 tp VSF of Make to stock strategy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Your are trying to change the requirement type for PIR from VSE to VSF.

Strategy

Requirements type for independent requirements

Requirements type for customer requirements

VSF

Planning with final assembly

KSV

Sales order with consumption

VSE

Planning without final assembly

KEV

Make-to-order with consumption

Planned orders can not be convertible to PR/Prod order as it has inbuilt feature that it can only be converted when you have sales order for the header material but you can work on the dependent requirements for assembly and component.

You need to work on taking the right strategy group which meets your requirments.

Regards,

Amit Kataria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to maintain the requirement tyoe in forecasting itself. Check item tab of MD61.