cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on Microsoft Azure

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SAP ECC 6.0, upgraded to EHP5. We are planning to move all our SAP Servers on Microsoft Azure.

Will SAP allow and support on Microsoft Azure?

Please reply,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

For support information on SAP on Microsoft Azure, see the newly created key topics page available at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56602.

Best regards, Claudia

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia Baur,

Can you please help me on below thread.

Thanks & regards,

Farkath C

0 Kudos

hi Farkath,

my colleague Goran just replied to you.

Kind regards, Claudia

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

Thanks for your support.

please take look of this thread and help me.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Farkath C

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

ldzierza
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Just have a look into this very useful blog around SAPs Azure support notes:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/saponsqlserver/archive/2014/05/28/sap-notes-around-azure-released.aspx

0 Kudos

hi all,

just be aware that the SAP notes which describe the requirements for monitoring, supported DB/OS versions and limitations in supported Azure instance types have not been released yet. The announcement of Microsoft and SAP just was that specified SAP applications will be supported on specific Azure instance types in Q2 - I will announce the availability and details in my SCN here as far as we support SAP on Azure. Then you will be able to get the information on supported Azure instance types and SAP software and the required setup. Furthermore, you will get some Azure specific guides which will describe the differences between running SAP on Azure and running it on physical hardware. As long as your setup does not match with the supported scenarios, you will run out of SAP support...

Best regards, Claudia

0 Kudos

Hello all!

Jonas and the moment is here!

Microsoft and SAP announce new cloud, data and mobile experiences

In fact we are installing our first SAP Business One on azure!

0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Currently, Amazon AWS is the only IaaS infrastructure provider that is supported with SAP on Windows, see SAP Note 1656099: SAP on AWS: Supported SAP, DB/OS and AWS EC2 products.

Therefore, running SAP applications on Microsoft Azure is not supported yet.

We plan support of other IaaS partners to offer support for further IaaS offerings with SAP on Windows in future. Unfortunately, I am currently not allowed to point to any details on partners or offerings targeted.

Regards, Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.