cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More issues with HRESS_A_W4 , Declaration check box is still giving error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had a requirement to make the US W4 pages read only. I was able to do so  by creating a custom configuration id and attaching it to the HRESS_C_W4 component. All my fields are read only now. However the Declaration Check Box is still a mandatory field. There is no option in UIBB to make it non-mandatory. So that page still gives an error as "Declaration Required" (although I have hidden the declaration check box and text). I tried to Enhance the V_W4 view and remove those elements, still no luck. Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help

Sanghamitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any insight into this please ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not positive this is your problem, but might this field be flagged as mandatory in the V_T588MFPROPS table? Changes to this table reflect throughout the decoupled framework, so any change would need to test any methods of accessing the infotype that would make use of the DCIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response. I had checked that table and nope..that field is not marked as mandatory. Its hidden in HRESS_C_W4 and I have tried to mark the 'Not Adapted' check box for this field. Required entry is not selected and Normal item is grey'ed out. However it still gives me the error message to select Declaration.

Thanks

Sanghamitra

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you tried to launch this application in admin mode?

&sap-config-mode=X which has the sap-config-

mode=X parameter  to do WD customization in Administration mode and then check field properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Let me try that. I haven't tried running in Admin mode yet. Didnt realize I could do that.

Thanks

Sanghamitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanghamitra,

How did you manage to get rid of that error?

Thanks,

S

ImranSajid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

First you will need to copy the standard W4 application to a custom Z one to make any of the changes you need. Next what we did in order to resolve the issue with the error showing even though the screen was read only was to create an enhancement spot within the standard class CL_HRESS_W4_UTILITY under METHOD set_declaration from within transaction SE80. You can set an breakpoint in debugger mode to look at this variable.

The variable we need to set is my_declaration_set.

Thanks,

Imran