cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13.0.5 VS2010 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException The system cannot find the path specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to load a crystal report in VS 2010 C# using v13.0.5 of Crystal Reports like this...

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument report = new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();

report.Load(<ReportPath>);

While it works on a standard system it doesn't appear to work on a Citrix environment. The error returned is this ...

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException The system cannot find the path specified.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

While investigating this error and at the suggestion of other posts, I changed the permissions on the c:\windows\temp directory and reports directory to 'everyone' and 'full control'. No difference.

I opened ProcMon.exe to see if crystal can get access to the report and it appears to be fine. It feeds the entire report bit by bit into a temporary file and there doesn't appear to be any faults to identify.

What file is Crystal looking for and cannot find?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Olaf

Using ProcMon was a great idea. One more thing to check in ProcMon logs is if there is a message on any file; Access Denied.

The way you are loading the report, there is no actual path to the report so it is not the rpt path, rather it will be a path to some DLL or an Assembly.

A good test would be to see if you can run the app sitting right on the Citrix server - with Admin rights.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

We've finally managed to get an admin user to install and run the CR Runtime and the application on the Citrix box and unfortunately we've had no joy and the application is returning the same error.

We've had a look in ProcMon with and without Admin rights and we can confirm that the application does not show any access denied errors. It does show thousands of path not found logs, however we assume that it's trawling locations for DLL's.

One possible problem that was pointed out that I thought I'd ask. This Citrix box has M:\ and O:\ drives but no C:\ that won't be a problem for CR Runtime will it?

Setting all this aside is there anything else you can think it could be?

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addendum to last message:

by adding the following registry setting ...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\DOS Devices]

"c:"="\\??\\o:\\"

... we where able to convince the Citrix box it had a C:\ drive. Curiously, following this change it began to work ...

This begs the question: Is there a hard-coded path or setting defaulted to C:\ drive in the CR 13.0.5 run-time?

While this does solve the problem we are unwilling to add virtual C:\ drives to all our client machines. Is there a better solution to this problem?

Olaf

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Olaf

I saw your post from 7:48 AM, so I started to look through the KBA database to see if I found anything. And I found this re. paths:

1217988 - Err Msg: "Load Report Failed" when running a .NET Windows application

Then I saw your post from 8:00 AM. I wonder if the KBA above will point you in the right direction as it discusses paths also. The KBA was written for CR 10, but see if you can adjust the path for CRVS. (I'd give you the path I would like to see, but we're having issues with our image mounting software...).

If that works out for you, please, please let me know as I'd like to update that KBA.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

We eventually found the right key based on a post form a different website on this error. If you change/add the following keys in the registry...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Report Application Server\InprocServer\LocalConnectionMgr]

"ConnectionDirectoryPath"="M:\\"

"ReportDirectoryPath"="M:\\"

... where 'M' is the main Citrix drive, the CR run-time starts working correctly.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many, many thanks for letting us know. I will create a KBA out of this info. Hopefully it will save another poor soul some time

- Ludek

Answers (0)