cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sales Manager 2.5 Hardware and Software Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is a similar question asked in the mobile forums. But I know the new Sales Manager uses Agentry/SMP 2.3.   What are the Hardware and Software Requirements to stand this App up and how will CRM communicate with SMP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akeem,

To install the Agentry Server and all the environment for Sales Manager Implementation, you need a server with following OS.

Windows XP Professional Development Server Installations Only

Windows Server 2003 32-bit
Windows Server 2003 64-bit
Windows Server 2008 32-bit

Windows Server 2008 64-bit

CentOS 5.8 64-bit
Red Hat Enterprise 5.8 64-bit

Besides the Agentry Server, to use the Agentry Editor you will also need to prepare the following minimum resources.

• Processor: Intel Pentium IV class processor with minimum clock speed of 2.4 GHz
  • Memory: 1GB of available system RAM (2 GB recommended)
  • Storage: Approximately 200 MB of available storage space for all components provided by the installer. Note: This excludes storage space needs for development projects or other related files.
  • Network: A network connection using TCP/IP for publishing applications from the Editor to SAP Sales Manager Servers running on separate hosts

And regards to the talking with SAP CRM backend, you need to get your CRM ready with the minimum software add-ons.

SAP_ABA        701          SP5

SAP_BASIS     701          SP5

BBPCRM          700          SP4

SMFND            600_700    n/a

The communications between the Agentry Server and the CRM Backend are only in either JCo or HTTP requests. And SMP is not brought in so far, not even SMP 2.3. Only a single Agentry server (which we called Sales Manager Server) is introduced in the recommended landscape. But for sure SMP is the future and the upgrade/transition would be smooth as I expect.

The full version of administration/installation guides for CRM Sales Manager are already available for download at Service Market Place ( http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Sales Manager -> Versio 2.5).

Hope this helps,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I am going to setup SAP Sales Manager 2.5, and I am researching whether I should use SMP 2.3 as the Agentry Server for this application, or use the standalone Agentry server (Sales Manager Server). From the SAP Sales Manager Administration document, it only provide the steps regarding setup the Sales Manager Server as Agentry standalone server, and never mention about SMP 2.3. Then I found your discussion mentioned SMP is not yet brought in for Sales Manager. So, I like to confirm with you that I should install the SAP Sales Manager Server instead of SMP, is it correct?

My another concern is the SAP Sales Manager Client has to communicate with the server outside office network. Which means that the application in the mobile device should connect to the server without VPN. As per my research, I found that the Sales Manager Server/Client does not support reverse proxy such as Apache HTTP 2.2 (which I currently had). As per your experience, how do you allow the Sales Manager client connect to the server via public IP address?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Edison Wang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I have one question regarding the installation of the Sales manager server.

What are the roles and authorizations needed for the service user that is used to connect the Sales Manager server to the CRM backend?

In a similar fashion, what are the precise "system administrative privileges" that are required when installing the SAP Agentry framework?

Many thanks

Khalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

Actually the user we used in the CRM Sales Manager application are the backend CRM system users. So here the system administrative privileges refer to the basic authorizations in the backend CRM system including the business role settings and all other basic CRM authorizations. There is no specific Agentry-related authorization that needs to be maintained.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Actually, I was speaking of the user used during the Agentry server installation.

In the Admin and Installation guide, part 4 "SAP Sales Manager Server Installation", 4.2 "Installing the SAP Sales Manager Server For Windows", step 9, we have to enter the Service User which is "an administrative user established as a proxy for all users."

Are there any specific role and/or authorization for this user?

Many thanks

Khalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

In that case I don't see any specific role for that user. I mean, you can use just normal users which has administrative authorizations for Windows services.

A simple test to log on with that user and start/stop normal windows services could be performed to check.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raymond,

Actually we are implementing Sap Sales Manager 2.5. We have follwed all configuration but only download basic data(type, sales area and etc), but not downloaded data of Leads, Oportunity, Partners and activities.

Any idea what is the issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion, there might be some issues activating/enable the backend BAPIs to retrieve the transactional data. You need to check the BAPI Wrapper configuration and test them on the backend system first. Hope this helps.

Raymond