cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version of software need to develop WCEM Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seniors,

After exploring various discussions, blogs and also answers in my discussion on scn.

I finally got to the understanding that, In order to start developing in WCEM I require 3 softwares.

>> Netweaver Developer Infrastucture ( NWDI)

>> Netweaver Developer Studios (NWDS)

>> Web Channel development workbench plug-in

Can anyone please guide me through what versions of these software are presently available in the Marketplace.

Currently I want to start development in WCEM 2.0 and later get into 3.0 as well.

What version is suitable for getting into development now in 2.0?

Also, Please suggest if I am missing any softwares/plugins, that I may require to start development.

Thanks and Regards,

Sachin N M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fabianl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

i would suggest that u use WCEM 3.0, ths Version is since 29.05.2013 in GA:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crm/web-channel/blog/2013/05/24/wcem-30-will-be-globally-available-from...

NWDI: 7.3

NWDS 7.3: https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/730/distros/com.sap.netweaver.develope...>

SP = Version of your SAP AS Engine e.g. SP 4

Additional to this u need the following WCEM Components

For MDM Catalog:

MDM Connector e.g. MDM 7.1 SP09 Patch17 - CONNECTOR 7.1 7.11

MDM Java API e.g.   MDM 7.1 SP09 Patch284 - Java API

WCEM MDM Repository (Predifned Rep. Structure for WCEM)

WCEM 3.0 Current Patchlevel == 10

Web Channel 3.0 SP00 Patch 10

WCEM Framework 3.0 SP00 Patch 10

Optional: Web Channel Zero Admin SP00 Patch 10 (Admin Template)

Install via. NWDS the WCEM30 Workbench - https://nwds.sap.com/crm/webchannel/WCEM30

If u want to use MDM with ERP u need also:

SAP NetWeaver PI 7.0/7.1/7.11

SAP MDM PI Adapter

SAP XI(PI) Content for WEC

br,

fabian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for taking your time to reply to my discussion.

Is setting up of all these environments is a compulsion to get started with WCEM or is there a way to get any configured cloud environment, that I can try for trail or buy.

If sharing such information is against SCN rules please pardon me and mail to my personal mail id.

sachinnm@outlook.com.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

this is another topic, you should ask new questions in new threads and mark the answered question as completeld or not.

I am personally not aware about souch cloud system, but as of your many questions on SDN it sounds anyway you start from scratch and this would be always heavy to sort out as of the many system. The only thing i do with cloud is, putting the SAP servers into the Amazon EC2. But if you have enought money, you might find some hosting company who does setup for you the environment in the cloud. There is a lots of cloud hosting for the SAP Business Suite, so I am sure you find something.

Amazon itself does something http://aws.amazon.com/sap , but not sure if this fits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will see if I can get some cloud system or setup any local system.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can start with 2.0 and upgrade to 3.0 at any time. As Fabian already informed, 3.0 is now officially available, so you might want to go straightaway to 3.0 using all the nice extra features. On the 20th of June you will get 3.0 SP1 (but only if you actually want to implement something reasonable that is using ODATA) and end of the year it will be hopefully available to everyone in the best case.

You can get along without NWDI and use the Local environment only, but i would recommend you use the NWDI. Makes your life a bit easier.

WCEM is officially only supported for NW 7.30, but I i had not issue to run it on any 7.3x machine as long as you use the most recent SPs.

Regards,

Andreas

ingo_woesner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sacchin,

I was recently told by a WCEM architect at SAP that there were still issues when using a NetWeaver version higher than 7.30. Not sure though were it occurs.

There is plenty of documentation available in the WCEM WIKI for the NWDI setup, e.g. a webinar recording and a step-by-step guide.

Best regards,

Ingo