cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI report scheduling -Email Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For my WebI there are two levels of users –region and zone level. There are 40 regions and 10 zones. A user from a region/zone can see data of his region/ zone only. The user from a region ‘x’ can create his own WebI report and save to his favourites folder. Now x wants to schedule and send the report daily to his sub-ordinates. When he took the schedule option and selected the destination as Email, he sees that he can add any email id to the ’From’ field. There may be many users ‘a’, ‘b’, ‘c’…..’y’,’z’….

Windows AD is used for authentication. So is there anyway which automatically fills the ‘From’ field i.e. the user email id from the Windows AD parameters and the user should edit/add only the ‘To’ field?

Please help.......

From field-> from which email id the report is sent 

To field-> to which email id the report is sent

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finally got the solution...

My installation path  is C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects....

1. If there is no bilaunchpad.propeties file   in    C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom

a. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB- 

INF\config\default

Copy the bilaunchpad.propeties file from there and paste it into

b. Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-   

INF\config\custom

and in that file by default the setting SMTPFrom will be true; change it to SMTPFrom=false and  

save.

c. Restart Tomcat.

2. If there is bilaunchpad.propeties file   in    C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP  

BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom

a. Please take a back up

b. Add as new line in

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\BOE\WEB-   

INF\config\custom    >bilaunchpad.properties file

SMTPFrom=false.

and save

c. Restart Tomcat.

Thanks

Sandeep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any solution experts???

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

A very good information/solution has been provided by Harshil, you can refer it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can read this.....

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3338881

harshil_joshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think simone is right, you should read some documents for the same.

For your reference I am attaching some snapshot

Log on to CMC, select web I report which you want to schedule, right click, select schedule

set recurrence for the same

Now go to Destination

If you have not configured Email Server yet then please follow the steps:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3338881

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can use %SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS% as the from field.

If the sender is an enterprise sender, use the CMC to enter an email address for the user. If the sender is a dynamic sender, ensure that "Email Address" is mapped to a dynamic sender provider column in the dynamic sender options and that there are no empty entries in that column.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please explain the same step by step? Where to find out that?

I am a fresher to SAP BO.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

if you are new to SAP BI Platform you better read some manuals and check the tutorials, it's all written there

Please see here http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31587 it is a visual map that links to all available documents for Web Intelligence and also to tutorials.

All the documentation can be found at http://help.sap.com

Cheers

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik   

I tried with the %SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS% in Webi Adaptive Job Server Desination in the 'From' field. That's working fine. But the problem is that the recepients are dynamic depending on the user. So we can't use default settings as it will diasble the 'To' field also.

Is there anyway which automatically fills the ‘From’ field (makes the 'from' field uneditable) and the user should edit/add only the ‘To’ field?

Thanks

Sandeep