cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Null value in bexquery ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have a requirement, where i have to show values for my one of the column, NULL ( Empty, Not 0 ).

if this column, if any record has value 0, then i want to hide "0", Not the whole row.

is it possible...Basically user doesnt want to see ZERO.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Yes you are right, there is no option to do it for particular KF. I would rather suggest go for new customized macro(to replace 0 with space) which executes after query execution at analyzer level.

Here is the option to make it at query results.

Thanks,

Umashankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Following is the link for the document that exactly describes the solution for the issue mentioned by you:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-39736

Regards,

Saurabh Ojha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just include a dummy formula with constant value 1 to the end of the keyfigure column in the query.

Include the query as a dataprovider in the web template using an Analysis item.

In the Analysis item if your query has 2 columns including the dummy formula, then make the setting as below so that the dummy formula is hidden in the output and you will get the null value for the keyfigure in the output.

Prathish

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you mean you want to see SPACE in place of zero? You can show zero as space in query presentation properties. Go to your KF in query designer and check the settings in display and some others..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..But i dont find any properties...can you show exact location..

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto query-->properties section(extreme right)-->click on the query title-->then you may find settings

Otherwise, you may goto particular KF and look for settings. You can goto analyzer-->open your report-->presenttaion options

I am not in front of my PC to post you a screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

i found it, under Query Properties, but it looks like, if i set it, it will make all ZERO to space. In my case i just want to make ZERO to Speace for one KF only...

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, you can set it for only to your KF also. Please explore in query designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont find that option for KF, you can set it for the whole result set but not individual KF.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You are correct. It is not possible on a particular KF. I got confused with Zero suppression for a particular KF. Anyway, you can give a try with macro option.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I think you can write the code in transformation.

Thanks

Pawan