Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index table has no data after creating full text index

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a working on a demo application on SAP HANA Cloud Trial, wherein we have created a full text index on a column store table.

Our index name is TEXT_FTI and accordingly an index table with the name $TA_TEXT_FTI has been created by the HANA DB.

But this table strangely has no values. We are storing a maximum of 200 characters at a time, hence I don't think the size of the text should be a problem (as pointed out by experts in some blogs)

Below is the code I'm using to create the Index.

PreparedStatement pstmtIndex = connection.prepareStatement("CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX \"TEXT_FTI\" ON \"TWEETS\" (\"TEXT\") TEXT ANALYSIS ON CONFIGURATION 'EXTRACTION_CORE' LANGUAGE DETECTION ('EN')");

pstmtIndex.executeUpdate();

And Below is the piece of code used to fetch entries from index table

PreparedStatement pstmt = connection

.prepareStatement("SELECT ID, TA_TYPE FROM \"$TA_TEXT_FTI\"");

ResultSet rs = pstmt.executeQuery();

The above query does not generate any results, although the table $TA_TEXT_FTI exists in the schema.

Could any of you please help me figure out what the problem may be?

Also, is there any way we can view the database for the HANA Cloud DB? I found a way for that only for MaxDB, not for HANA DB.

Regards,

Sagar Dixit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply, but my problem is solved.

I was an issue of missing Delivery unit, I simply imported it from the server and my index table is getting populated as expected.

Here is the solution in detail

http://www.saphana.com/thread/2302

Thanks though!

Regards,

Sagar Dixit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197208
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, is there any way we can view the database for the HANA Cloud DB? I found a way for that only for MaxDB, not for HANA DB.

Sorry, can't say anything w.r.t. problem above. What I can say is, that currently the HANA studio cannot connect against the HANA databse of your application (we are working on this one). You could try a plain JDBC tool and use the remote access proxy driver in the SDK though.

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved!