cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Initializing Configuration Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded CRM JAVA system to NW 7.3 After creating a new NW 7.3 track and deploying custom application on new NW 7.3 system I am getting the below error.

Error initializing
extended configuration management: java.lang.NullPointerException [EXCEPTION] java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.sap.isa.core.xcm.ExtendedConfigManager.addExternalConfigParam(ExtendedConfigManager.java:163)
at com.sap.isa.core.xcm.init.ExtendedConfigInitHandler.initialize(ExtendedConfigInitHandler.java:333)
at
com.sap.isa.core.init.InitializationHandler.performInitialization(InitializationHandler.java:252)
at
com.sap.isa.core.init.InitializationHandler.performInitialization(InitializationHandler.java:313)
at
com.sap.isa.core.init.InitializationHandler.initialize(InitializationHandler.java:223)
at
com.sap.isa.core.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:115)
at
javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:270)
at
com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.application.WebComponents.addServlet(WebComponents.java:513)
at
com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.ApplicationThreadInitializer.loadServlets(ApplicationThreadInitializer.java:1132)
at
com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.ApplicationThreadInitializer.run(ApplicationThreadInitializer.java:285)
at
com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.utils.concurrent.impl.CleanRunnable.run(CleanRunnable.java:54)
at
com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at
com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:185)
at
com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:302)

Caused by: com.sap.isa.core.init.InitializeException: ExtendedConfigInitHandler is not active

Thanks,

Yomesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like you moved  the ISA shop from a 7.0x to 7.3x NetWeaver system? Did you upgrade just he NetWeaver J2EE system or also the internet sales shop?

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andreas,

Yes, we moved from 7.01 to 7.31 NetWeaver System. We upgraded the NetWeaver J2ee systems as well as the ISA shop.

The version of CRM components in new system is

SAP-CRMAPP 1000.731.0.9.28.20130524064829

sap.com SAP-CRMDIC 1000.732.0.4.2.20130208065414

sap.com SAP-CRMJAV 1000.731.0.9.28.20130524064915

sap.com SAP-CRMWEB 1000.732.0.3.16.20121026064922

sap.com SAP-IPCMSA 1000.731.0.9.0.20121009094545

sap.com SAP-SHRAPP 1000.731.0.9.28.20130524065258

sap.com SAP-SHRJAV 1000.731.0.9.28.20130524065345

sap.com SAP-SHRWEB 1000.731.0.9.28.20130524065956

B2b and B2c applications are coming up fine. We did some customization in CUSTCRMPRJ software component and SAP-CRMWEB software component specifically in the DC crm/isa/web/partnerregistration.

I was able to successfully migrate this DC from NW 7.0 track to NW 7.3 track using track connection. The DC's are getting build fine in NW 7.31 NWDS. But when I deploy the application and run it I am getting the above mentioned error.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you explain to me "Using track connections"? Did you import the 7.3x ISA & NW version into your "old" version or did you create a new Track, imported the newest SCA first and therafter your "old" code?

Is your "old" code within your own namespace or can you find all custom JSP code changes within the SAP SC?

The problem is, that from 7.0x to 7.3x is a huge step and the technical background has changed alot. The "old" XCM would no more working within 7.3x, so SAP did some adjustments to get it working again. It might be, that your migration did wipe out by accident the changes SAP performed to get the XCM working again and hence you get issues. That's only one possibility, so that we need to better understand your apporach.

DId you do any specific enhancement to the XCM XML files?

Furthermore I can see in your versions, that you have 7.32 and 7.31 code (also SP3 & SP9 is mixed up), which might be a issue. Another issue could be, that the WCE application is only officially supported for 7.30 - at least that is the situation for WCEM. Do not get confused with the fact, that the SAP standard works, it could be your development track that bundles then different libs into your ear.

If the B2B / B2C standard is working, than i would recommend you to use a file/folder comparision tool to compare the standard with your custom project. Compare the different between the folters (inlcuding sub-folders) admin, WEB-INF/lib, WEB-INF/xcm and web.xml - these are the key parts, that could effect the XCM. Furthermore compare the dependency lists to other DCs, it should be equal.

Best regards,

Andreas 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I created a new track. Imported all the NW 7.31 components first in the new track. Then imported the old components CUSCRMPRJ and CRMWEB from old track to the new track using track connection feature of NWDI. Once the track connection is configured, if we go to approve tab of the track and approve a SCA, its appears to be imported in the development tab of target track (new track in my case). Just one way of importing the SCA from one track to another.

My custom code is also within SAP Namespace (not sure why, I inherited it).

I am working on getting all the SCA;s to 732 version as my CRM backend in EHP 2. I think that should solve some of the issues. But I see your point on my custom code overwriting the SAP standard one and causing the error.

I'll update this post after updating all SCA's to 732.

Thanks for your help and insights.

Thanks,

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you basically did it in the reversered order, so you basically downgraded the SAP standard from 7.3 to 7.0x. The XCM is part of the CRMWEB as i remember, that's why you get those errors..

It would have been better, if you would have made a backup track to move &import all your code into a "clone" and then import the 7.3 SCA on top of 7.0x code.

My personal preference for those upgrades is, that i identify all my modified code and manually import those into the new track. I experienced a couple of times some issues with the migration tools and ended up with non working code, especially I had to handle more conflichts as i wanted. It was better to indentify the few modifications and manually do it.

And please be careful with 7.32, check the PAM first, if your solution is supported for the specific NW version by SAP.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

The issue is resolved. Thanks for your suggestions. Partly the issue was due to incorrect version of SCA's I had. This was a silly mistake..as a thumb rule I should have made the runtime SCA versions exactly same as SCA versions in NWDI track. Also as CRM Backend was EHP2 all my CRM SCA should be 732.

The other part of the problem and a major one is moving the custom changes to new version. In this case both the options were troublesome:

1. Have NW 732 track and then moves custom changes using track connections

2. Have a backup track to move & import all your code into a "clone" and then import the 7.3 SCA on top of 7.0x code

In the both the above cases resolving DTR conflicts was a mess. So the best way which worked for me was as you suggested..that identify all my modified code and make manual corrections in the new 732 track.

Thanks for your help.

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

We are facing similar kind of issue. Please let me know how to contact you for explaining the issue.

Thanks,

Mahesh Nuli.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yomesh,

I am currently in the process of upgrading from ISA 5.0 SP23 to ISA7.32 and you suggestions and learnings will be of utmost value to me. Can you please let me know how I could get in touch with you regarding this?

Thanks,

Pradeep