Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget control period wise as well as Year wise

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,Good evening all.

We need to control the budget figures on monthly basis & residual balance of previous month data ,must be carry forward to next month up to financial year close. System wont allow any entries ,if i posted JV for previous month ,If previous month not having balances & current month having balances.

Let me explain on brief on this matter.  ( Note :- Not activated PSM Budget period control)

For the Year 2012 ,upload the budget as Initial 12000.00 & Release the budget INR 1100.00 ( Now my current budget is INR 12000.00 & Available budget is INR 1100.00) & Up to 29th April 2012 ,i consumed budget INR 1000.00 & available budget is INR 100.00.

As month start activity ,business released the budget for the month of May 2012 as INR 1300.00 & Now my available budget is INR 1400.00 for the month of April and May 2013. But business requirement wants to control ,if user posts an entry in April ,it shouldn't allow more than available budget in April month i.e 100.00,after release the May budget. How can i control this process in SAP standard / BADI.

On more query :- 1. Is it possible to upload budget Quarter wise & it should be distribute month wise ?

If it is Budget period control is solution ,can you please forward customization steps.

Regards

Mani Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor

Hi,

Yes, you can use 'Budget Period' as additional object to manage your budget period-wise. There is no specific customization: you just have to activate the business function via SFW5. Your budget, therefore, will be put on Fund centre, commitment item and budget period (assuming that you don't use other FM objects).

Regards,

Eli

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks .Will it my problem solve ,if i activate budget period component through SFW5 ?

I have gone through the documentation of Budget period and did the following customization.

1. Activate the account assignment elements ( Select the check box Fund and Budget period)

2. Allow Blank objects allowed for Fund and Budget period.

3. Activate account assignment element in budget controlling system ( Fund and Budget period

mentioned as optional)

4. Define new layout with column of Budget period.

5. Created One budget period as Master data through FMBPD

6. Mass assignment of BP and Fund through FMBPD_MASS.

7. Uploaded budget for the year 2013 ( Against Fund - Fund center - BP- Commitment item)

8. Released for one month i.e April ( Selected first period in FMBBC header data in period)

I confused ,how does system control my previous month postings ,if available budget is less

then the invoice / commitment & not to consider my current month budget ( Example mentioned in above)

How system carry forward residual budget period to period ,if i activate the budget period.

Note :- According to documentation ,i came to know we can use budget periods for specific time

frame as dimension.

Second Query :- Would be it possible to upload initial budget Quarter wise and distributed to

periods ?

Please guide me. Without activate Budget period ,can i use any BADI to control period wise AVC.

Regards

Mani Kumar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes, it will solve it. You don't have with budget release, though.

2. What BADI do you have in mind? You don't have to work specifically with 'Budget Period': any unused FM object could be a solution, e.g. fund source.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

I also have same requirement of Activating budget Month wise. Problem is i cannot find any Budget period box in Activate Account Assignment tab.

If if run SFW5 will i get this box?

Is there any harm in running this tcode.

Plesae guide.

REgards

Zunaid

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, 'Budget period' will become visible only after activation of a relevant business function in SFW5.

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have deactivated budget period selection in FMBBC ,but activated tool in SFW5 & tested following scenario's.

1. Updated and released budget for combination of Fund - Fund center - Commitment item for the period 1.

2. Posted document for period 1 as well as period 3. ( There is no released budget in period 3 ,but system allows the postings,i understand it is system standard behavior,i have to put some logic with using of mentioned BADI's to control this postings.)

Table :- FMAVCT - Testing data attached.

Following BADI we tested but not getting any output.

FMAVC_ADD_LINES

FMAVC_ENTRY_FILTER

FMCCAVC_ENTRY_FILTER

Any suggestion on this requirement ,any BADI / User exit's.

Regards

Mani Kumar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create a derivation rule for 'budget period' object?

The BADIs you have mentioned won't be helpful for monthly-based control. But, as I said, you wouldn't need one if you activate 'budget period' or use workaround with another FM object.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you tell me which functions i have to activate for funds management.

Regards

Zunaid

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

One more cycle executed with more expectations . I created one Budget period master data & assigned to Fund and maintained the derivation rule. Released budget for period one & Posted documents in period one as well as period 3. System is accepting period three also even through there is no released for budget for combination of Fund - Fund center - Commitment - BP. Mentioned screen shot.

Any workaround ( I don't want to work more than ledger ). According to business standard review will do every month end against budget vs actual. Previous month residual budget can be use for subsequent months ,but current month never consume against my previous month transactions.

Any BADI or User exit where i can adopt my own logic to control period wise.

Regards

Mani Kumar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Please, don' mix 'period' and 'budget period'. When you look at FMAVCT table, TSL01-TSL12 columns represent 'period' and not 'budget period'. I.e. you have to create 12 budget periods, namely 'M01', 'M02',... 'M12', put budget on them, make a derivation rule deriving this object from the month of FM posting date and then it will work.

Regards,

Eli

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ELI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

i activated PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 but still budget period check box is not appearing.

Regards

Zunaid

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Sorry again i bother you about my requirement. I already tested above scenario as mentioned. Created Budget period M1 for April ,M2 for May and M3 for June & maintained derivation rule as follows if posting date is 01.04.2013 - 30.04.2013 my target BP is M1 ,if 01.05.2013 to 31.05.2013 and my target period is M2 like that i maintained for June - M3.

I released budget with combination of Fund | Fund Center | BP.M1| Commitment item. While doing the FI entry for testing purpose for the month of April ,system derive the M1 and consumed the budget,which is OK.

April month end or May start i will release M2 budget ,which is for May. ( Not consumed against April or any other month except May ),but how can i use my residual budget of M1 in to M2 automatically without budget transfer's. ( I need to auto process on this). In BP process ,i may not seen any help in this regard. Period wise control is OK.

Regards

Mani Kumar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, I see... Well, naturally, you will have to transfer (via normal budget document FMBB) the residual budget from M1 to M2. Of course, you can easily automatize this, if required.

Regards,

Eli

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zunad,

You have to mentioned steps what i specified in previous.

Regards

Mani Kumar

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Zunaid

Budget period is an FM dimension available as of EHP4.

To be able to use Budget period, you must therefore use an EHP. This is also documented in

the Business function.

So, if your system is on SAP_APPL 606 for example, you should have EA-PS 606 installed on an equivalent support package level to SAP_APPL.

You can find the compatibility of SP's in note 1064635

cheers

Mar

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Closing the same thread. Not possible in SAP standard. We achieved the same through mentioned User exit ,validate with AVC total table

EXIT_SAPLFMFC_002

Regards

Mani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manikumar,

We have same problem in our system,

I uploaded the Budget for September 2013. But system considering the budget for Year wise.

What are the steps to be done for Period wise control.

could you share the steps.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

You can use period wise budget control tool ,if you don't want to carry forward monthly residual budget to next period. If you want to carry forward,you may create one Budget entry as transfer posting between one period to another period by FMBBC or else standard BAPI ,if there is large data.

Above scenario is standard scenario.

Other wise,you can use above mentioned user exit and call table  FMAVCT table where you can get the planed values with actual s ,where you have to put logic ,if period 1 budget not exceeded with plan against actual.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your input,

We are using ECC 6.0 only, is Period wise budget control supports in standard.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I need your help for Fund Management Report Month-wise or Period-wise:-

I have activated the Business object mentioned above. Still I am not able to view FM report period-wise or month wise (FMRP_RW_BUDCON).

I would like to request you to kindly share the T-Code for Fund Management Report, Month-wise or Period-wise OR please share the procedure to achieve this functionality.

Thanks for your posts they are really very helpful.

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I have reviewed the use of EXIT_SAPLFMFC_002 for budget control period using WBS.

But I realized that I should activate PSM for using EXIT_SAPLFMFC_002.

I want to know how to implement budget control period using EXIT_SAPLFMFC_002 without activating PSM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to control the budget figures on monthly basis & residual balance of previous month data ,must be carry forward to next month up to financial year close. System wont allow any entries if it exceeds to current month amount  an error message need to trigger

in detail:-

1st period starts with April month  for employee sal

PERIOD  MONTH      AMOUNT(SAL)

1 -          april               5000 ----------------(if end user wish to give 4000 rest 1000 need to add to next month , if it's 6000 it need through error )

2            may               10000    (then it becomes as 11000) here  if it is less than 11000 it need post if it's greater than 11000 it need through error)

3            june               15000

4            july                 20000

5                                  25000

6                                  30000

7                                  35000

8                                  40000

9                                  45000

10                                50000

11                                55000

12                                60000                                              

note:-- the amount(sal) is predefined in FMBB by functional. In f-02  transaction functional will post the document, when there posting document below point need to follow

point-1----if amount is less than 5000 it can process.... if amount is greater  than 5000 it need to through  error as amount exceed

point-2---- if suppose sal is given as 4000  rest of the amount need to add to second month (i.e) 1000 then 2nd mnth sal becomes as  11000 amount most note exceed 1100 if it  error msg need to trigger

can please share the logic