cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get new fields to Datasource...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helli,

I have generic DS created on View. Now i have added few fields to the View. How do i get those new fields to Generic DS? do i have to append strecture? or since its Generic DS, whatever is there in the view, should come automatically to the DS ?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would have created a view datasource either by one table or by joining two or more tables.

You can add new fields to the table by appending which is involved in View. Just activate your view and activate datasource in RSA6. You can see all the fields in RSA6.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have activated both, but when i open my DS in rsa6, i dont see those fields...

do i have to append extrastrecture ?

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, append the fields to view/extract structure in SE11

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

We are not giving extract structure explicitly while creating generic data source based on view. so no need to add extract structure. for enhancement purpose only we add fields to extract structure.

While add fields to view, have you seen logs or warnings kind. if you added fields to view successfully without any error, then added field automatically will appear as part of your data source once you activated.

my concern is while adding fields, if you missed any referenced fields there that also may create problem for this .

Check again fields which from view base tables and logs of view also.

if everything ok then retry activate data source at RSA6 and check again.

please check the table ROOSFIELD once,some added field may be hidden. if hidden by using small program we can make as visible and part of your data source. check below link. might be useful

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1991977

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

If your have you added field, then go RSO2, give your generic data source name, go to change mode , activate and generate your data source. added field may be visible as part of your data source after the data source activation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cant activate from RSO2. though i manage to activate, but if i open my DS under Rsa6, i dont see those fields.

Thanks for your reply

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your view was in active?  if not make it active and try to activate data source again thru RSA6.

Thanks