cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Fixed Asset against WBS Element.

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Purchasing Fixed Asset against WBS Element.

Purchasing Fixed Asset through ME21N (PO).

In PO I selected Account Assignment Category “A”, material no “XXXX”.

In line item Account Assignment Tab I assigned Fixed Asset G/L Account number and Asset number and WBS Element.

Fixed asset G/L Account is created as a Cost Element (Category “90”).

When PO is posted Commitment updated correctly to WBS Element.

But When GR(Mvt 101) is posted Actual Cost is not updated to WBS Element?

Please provide me your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actual cost won't be displayed against the wbse because you maintained account assignment as "A" in PO. you should maintain P or Q  as account assignment in PO then actual cost will be updated against the wbse.

you would have activated commitment managment for projects in controlling area txn okkp, so
commitments are showing against the wbse.

regards,

0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

Thanks for the Quick response.

1. if I select P or Q account assignment in PO, how system will update WBS element and Fixed Asset ?

2. account assignment as "A" WBS elements PO's Actual cost how can I post to WBS elements, any work around please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suman

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

point 1 : if you select P/Q in PO the actual cost will be updated against the Wbse while GR. this cost will be moved to asset from wbse in the form of settlement process. please discuss further with your fi consultant.

point 2; actual cost cant' be posted from asset PO to wbse. you must follow point 1.

regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please cross check  the functionality of 90 category of cost element  for the fixed asser GL account , from the finance team .

Since 90 is however, if you enter an account assignment, it is only recorded as statistically for true objects.And In  the CO the order or WBS element is debited statistically. This statistical debiting is checked by the system using the budget during availability control.

Regards,

vrkumar