cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change request created through program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have written code to create change request and start flow foe one of our scenario. I am successful in doing that.

The problem that I am facing is when I chose the CR in MDG UI, it opens up and on further selection of entity type, I get an error saying that "In this process navigation was not allowed". On displaying help(for the error ), I get 'Single object maintainance was not allowed. Due to this error, I am not able to look at the data.I can see data in inactive table. However, on completion of WF, I can see active data. The only problem here is I cannot see the data on the UI when CR is created. I have experimented with 'Single object' and 'object required' check box in change request type.

I am attaching file for reference.

Please suggest

Thanks and regards

Abhimanyu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a report to test the creation of CR using the MDG Convenience API and I get the same behaviour.

When I follow the link the search page UI is shown instead of the CR UI:

The attached file called "Z_TEST_MDG_CONV_API" has the report that I use to create de CR. Do you have some tips to create and display the CR succesfully?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jordi

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Arthur said on a previous post, you must create a GUID and complete the BP_HEADER-BP_GUID field.

You can use the GUID_CREATE function module (obsolete) or the  cl_system_uuid=>create_uuid_x16_static( ) method.

Best Regards,

Jordi.

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm facing a new problem with the Change Request creation report. As I said on a previous post, now the CR created with the report navigates but the AD_POSTAL entity is not displayed.

When I check the Change Request, an USMD1A #002 error is displayed:

And on the attached report I have commented the filling of entity 'ADDRESS' because when I fill the 'ADDRESS' entity a dump occurs when opening the Change Request with the NWBC raised by method COLLECT_ENTITY_DATA of the CL_USMD_CONV_SOM_GOV_API class.

Any idea about what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

PS: You can download the attached report and try yourself in your own system.

Best regards,

Jordi

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

finally I solved myself the problem with address number. For some reason that I still don't understand, if you generate a temporary key for adress it does not work, as I shown previously. You must use MDG_ADDR range number instead, creating an interval.

I attach the correct ABAP source to this message.

Best Regards,

Jordi

0 Kudos

How do I trigger WF from here? I am guessing there is another method from the API that I need to trigger next. Can someone help me with that? The code given by Jordi worked like a charm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu,

In case it is a BP that you want to create with the API framework: Guess it is related to a missing BP_GUID entry in entity BP_HEADER.

Check BP_HEADER check table (with USMD_DATA_MODEL) and compare BPs that you've created with the UI and those you've created with the API framework.

This missing BP_GUID will cause the error message (and navigation to the search screen).

Normally the BP_GUID is created by the BP application. I'm not sure if this is a problem between API framework and BP application or if it is another method that has to be called for creating the BP_GUID.

I'd be glad to get feedback on this - as I got stuck at this point.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create change material by program but have some issues in my code. Please share if you already completed it.

Thanks

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an old post. You should create a new thread. You should also describe what you did and ask a specific question. This document explains the different MDG API's that you should use:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I already followed this document but its not clear. any how I already completed this dev and working as expected.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I also attempted the same what you did and I was successful.I think the attachment is missing.

Regards

Pavan