cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerBuilder Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There -

I have been working close to 7 years in PowerBuilder. I wanna get a professional certifiicate in PB

Could someone please help with details regarding this?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi   Krishna ;

The certification program for PB was shelved back in PB v10.0. Recently, SAP has revived the certification program at the "Associate" level for PB v12.5.x .... https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_spbda_125-sap-certified-development-associate---developm...

AFAIK there is no "Professional" level currently.

Regards .. Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris -

Thanks for the clarification. Really helpful

But I don't find any course material or anything of that sort for the exam mentioned

Do you have any idea on where I could get material for this exam?

For example, for Oracle, there are Oracle Press books, which really cover every exam objective

I am looking for something comprehensive like that. Thanks in advance

Regard,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, this is the kind of advice that helps ensure that the certification program is meaningless.  All this does is ensure that people who get certified know how to memorize a couple hundred answers to questions, rather than actually knowing how to use the product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce;

That was the beauty of the CPD-P (professional) level as the questions were much harder plus we had to develop a working PB application from a random specification. When you earned this level, you demonstrated a much more practical & working knowledge of PB.

I treasure this certification level and then the CSI ones I have above that.  

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna;

We are both Hyerabad fans then ... one fan in India the other in Canada!  

This is the kind of web content that SAP needs to develop for PB.  

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great 🙂

Not sure if SAP has a plan, though, to develop a material repository?

Certifications would be a pleasure to do with the availability of proper material 🙂

I did my SCJP way back in 2007, using a book from Cathy Sierra and Bert Bates. I didn't know anything about Java then, but it was a joy ride, to be frank

Thanks,

Krishna

Answers (0)