cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Hana db import and export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to export a schema and import that into a different schema. We have to do this with command prompt not from hana-studio.

Please provide a information with example.

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.V

former_member474276
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The import and export options are used to transport database objects such as information views, data tables, landscapes, etc to other systems or within the same system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Gopal,

You seem to be asking the same question again and again - no, that does not increase the chance of getting the correct answer. It just increases your chance of being completely ignored by the experts you annoy with such behavior.

Regarding you question, are both source and target schema in the same HANA db instance? It sounds like it - and I would not understand why you might want to export/import when you can just copy all tables into a different schema:

CREATE [COLUMN] TABLE <target-schema>.<table-name> LIKE <source-table>.<table-name> WITH DATA

do this for all tables in your source schema. More details on HANA SQL on http://help.sap.com/hana/html/sql_create_table.html#create_table_like_clause

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Your answer is not comfortable to me. Because, I want import and export database using command prompt for export data from one database and import to another database. But, your comments like always given in directly executed in hana-studio sql editor.

If possible or not using command prompt(client machine / server machine) for export/import database(s).

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.V

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the reply in other thread and reply back if this is helpful. Also kindly close the other thread.

You can use the EXPORT and IMPORT SQL statements from the command line HDBSQL.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

"Thanks for your timely reply but I didn't find the response to be relevant to my requirement.

FYI  I am able to import single table but unable to import bulk data's using command prompt.

While exporting a database, 4 different of files(including control file) are created.

Would like to confirm if the functionality is this or is it possible to import multiple table data's or import database with a single command in command prompt."

Regards,

Gopalakrishnan.V

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I think you already asked the same question. Can you please refer to your other thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3372509

Regards,

Ravi

former_member222001
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi - just for clarification: I think http://scn.sap.com/thread/3372509 is not the same question as it is more general.

The question here is more specific: How to import a set of tables into a specific schema, where the schema where the tables are imported to is different than from the schema they have been exported from.

Regards,
Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you can export a schema to csv, and then import it. Of course if you want to import to a diff schema, you can select objects under downloaded schema,  or  you can modify csv files and change schema id manuallly.

Regards.

Liu Shuwei