cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete port in MDM Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

i have problem with port in MDM Console. i have added wrong ports in my MDM Server but i cannot delete this port.

i was use Admin user to delete this port but "Delete field" button and "Delete Port" menu was grey.

Refer on link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/1b/cc9442c22d1131e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Ports

A single table named Ports. (Appears in the MDM Console under the Admin node and cannot be deleted.)

Used to encapsulate the logistical and configuration info for inbound and outbound processing of MDM data, for consolidation and distribution respectively. This table is managed in the MDM Console and is not visible in the MDM Client.

It said the port cannot be deleted, is there any alternative way to delete this port?

Please suggest to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Husin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Ports can certainly be deleted. Make sure access rights are available to add/delete ports.

Disconnect and re-connect to repository to see if delete option is available. Check with basis administrator to see if all roles are given to Admin credential.

Feel free to let us kow if any concerns.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

if you are having Admin role then you can delete the port. please make sure that you have unloaded the repository before trying to delete the port.

thanks

vinoth

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinoth, I had this same issue and this was the answer. My user was Admin with full rights, the console was not in read-only mode, I had disconnected and reconnected to the repository, and still the delete port option was greyed out. The solution was to stop the repository first.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

If you have Admin rights you should be able to delete the port.

As rightly suggested please disconnect and reconnect before you recheck this.

Also,check if accidental Read-only is clicked in console GUI.

Thanks,

Ravi