cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimode transportation chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working with transportation chain, where different modes of transports are involved.

I find shipment doc types like individual ship type , collective shipment doc type,pre-limi leg by road.

In route definition given all stages and vendors with different shipment types( road , rail..etc).

In assigning legs ,do i need to create one shipment doc for pre-lim leg , another shipment doc for main leg and another for sub-seq leg.

when i am using one ship doc and assigning  route , all stages in route are copied into shipdoc.

If am trying to create individual ship doc for each pre-im leg , main leg and sub seq leg ,the delivery assigned to pre-lim leg is not reflecting when creating

main leg.

so can any one give me suggestion how to select shipment doc type and leg indicator in transportation chain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel Jang,

If you have Transportation Chain, you are require to have one shipment document for each stage for example Truck for Preliminary leg shipment, Train or ship or truck for main leg shipment and so on.

This all depends on what kind of shipment document like custom paper, packing documents, LOC require and which stage. also how deep you want to do shipng cost calculation, cost assignment, freight vendor payment.

If your route has preliminary stage indicator and main stage indicator, stage will automatically copy to shipment document according to indicator and shipment document configuration setting.

Create seperate shipment document type for each stage as per your business requirement. In Shipment document customization set indicator that this shipment in for preliminary leg or main leg.

Please let me know in case you have any further query.

Reegards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for your reply

If am using different shipment doc type , suppose i am using pre-lim leg with truck the delivery which added in this doc is not able to get when creating main leg with ship.This is happening when adding deliveries to main leg by ship.

How to get deliveries that we created in pre-lim leg to create main leg for that deliveries.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If you are using transportation chain, then I wil suggest you to do below simple check and advice:

• Attach delivery in Preliminary shipment, process shipment only. Do not attach delivery to main leg shipment or complete Transport chain process.
  • Now check Transport status at delivery VL02N, Transport status in delivery should be 'B' for incomplete Transport chain.
  • If Transport status in Delivery status is 'B" then it means you configured your shipment document correctly and issue is in your delivery selection parameter of main leg shipment. Check variant of delivery selection parameter. Do your variant allow delivery with transport status 'B'?
  • If Transport status in above delivery is 'C' it means there is issue in your shipment document configuration. Check and correct configuration.

Check and let me know in case you have still any query.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj La

Yes ,the status is c- complete trans planning.so there is issue in configuration.

I am checking route and shipping document.

Thanks a lot for your valuable replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj when checking f1 help in trans plan sts ,it is showing

c  - Completely planned

Delivery has been assigned to one or more

shipment documents in transportation planning. Depending

on the leg indicator in each shipment header, the delivery is

considered to be completely planned if

- it exists in a direct leg or a return leg or

- it exists in a preliminary, main, subsequent leg or

- each stage assigned to the delivery connects to a

subsequent stage, thus connecting the point

of departure with the destination of the delivery with

no gaps in transportation

so as per this info our delivery is attached to one shipment doc pre-lim .so the status is reached to c-complete.

can you guess any option to get delivery in main leg.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Transport Indicator in delivery should not be 'C' if you have attached delivery only to Preliminary Shipment type. Check your preliminary shipment type configuration. What leg indicator you have in preliminary leg shipment.

Please find below screen shot of preliminary leg shipment, I am not sure if all setting will be relevant for your business scenario. So check and modify setting according to your business scenario:

Preliminary Leg Shipment: If require you can keep 'Adopt Route' field setting same as in Main leg shipment screen shot.  It all depends upon your requirement. I have highlighted important one according to issue which you mentioned. Check what setting you have there.

Main Leg shipment:

Hope this will resolve your requirement.

Regards

Neeraj

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

One more thing, If you only want to attach your delivery to Main Leg with out taking care of Transport indicator (Not recommended ), then change your Main leg delivery selection variant to select delivery in Main Leg.

But making transport indicator to 'C' may give other process related issue. So before changing here take care of all business pro and cons.

Check below screen shot: Make it 'C' and again try to attach outbound delivery already attached to Preliminary Leg.

Tcode: VT01N

Delivery selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj

I am doing small mistake that creating first pre-lim leg ,then main leg and then subseq leg.

when creating main leg first ,then pre-lim and then sb-seg leg , trans plan sts is in B-part pln .

The process went through.I think it is the correct method first creating main ,pre-lim and then sub-seq.

Can you conform this way is write.

Thanks a lot for your replies Neeraj.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

It all depend upon, your business process. You can attach delivery to main leg in case in business scenario where you are sending goods by Sea or train and need prior confirmation from freight forwarder.  and preliminary legs are your own truck transporting goods to shipping dock..

Yes you can attach delivery to main leg first and than attach to preliminary leg this is ok and valid depend upon business scenario,

Ideally if you have prelim,. main leg, subsequent leg your transport status should not be 'C' till chain is not completed...... For example what will happen if you made your main and prelim leg shipment and subsequent leg is still pending?? But in case your business approves and no issue with such status then go ahead...

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

I come back to you want I solved the issue. In the Transportation chain, I defined the Delivery Number as a grouping criteria field for the pre and Sub shipments. In this way the system assigned each delivery to an individual shipment.

Kind regards,

JP D.

shekhar_maurya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Danil,

As I understand from the post is that, you would like to have different vendors and different vendors for each leg getting determined. Well this can be done while doing the route configuration..

To understand more, are you looking for shipment costing process...

Let me know, i would like to help you with more detailed information

Thanks,

Shekhar