cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Authorization Log - OPRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

For Sarbanes–Oxley (SOX) compliance purpose, I need to keep track the changes on General Authorization window. According to my research in the SCN forum, it seems there are unfavorable restrictions in SAP B1 as follow.

Is still there any way to generate General Authorization change log? Is there a third party add-on module available?

Thank you for your advise!

-Toshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toshi Kunisada...

No friend it is Not Possible in the SAP 8.82 versions...

They have provided report in SAP B1 9 Tracking Changes in Authorizations...

Tracking Changes in Authorizations.

To view changes in authorizations, full authorization to the Change Log option, under General is required. Super users in the system have full authorizations automatically.

Each time a user updates the Authorizations window, the system creates a new instance of the Authorizations window, and saves it in the Change Log window along with the date and the user who made the update.

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please advice your SAP version and PL?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

My SAP B1 version is 8.82 (8.82.072) PL: 09

Thank you,

Toshi

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select user and then check with tools->Change log

Please refer below screen shot:

Version 8.82 PL04

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toshi Kunisada...

No friend it is Not Possible in the SAP 8.82 versions...

They have provided report in SAP B1 9 Tracking Changes in Authorizations...

Tracking Changes in Authorizations.

To view changes in authorizations, full authorization to the Change Log option, under General is required. Super users in the system have full authorizations automatically.

Each time a user updates the Authorizations window, the system creates a new instance of the Authorizations window, and saves it in the Change Log window along with the date and the user who made the update.

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy,

Thank you for your research. In addition to your quotation from the 9.0 help page linking below, the page also indicates to open Change Log and click Show Difference button.

1. In the Change Log window, double-click a row to display the required instance of the Authorizations window. The instance provides a view of the Authorizations window as it was after the update. For more information, see theChange Log Window.
  2. Choose the Show Differences button to view a detailed list of the changes made in the selected instance. For more information, see the Differences Window.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo900/helpdata/EN/45/06daaed8696c30e10000000a114a6b/content.htm?framese...

The procedure above looks exactly the same function as 8.82. Actually I have not seen or tested 9.0, so I hope the actual report may be different. I would be really appreciated if there are website to see the authorization change log in 9.0.

Thanks again for your help

-Toshi

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please advice your SAP version and PL?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan