cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the Maintenance and Calibration for the Guages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our Scenario, we need a Process for Guage Maintenance.

actually my requirement is as follows.

I need to Procure Guages like Vernier Calliper.

I need to stock them,

Then I need to Issue them to the Production Line.

and in the regular Intervals I need to do the Calibration for them, and this requires the Inspection results Recording.

I have some understanding for the same process but can someone please give me the clear idea for the steps involved.

Please help.

Yawar Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For above process you required “Calibration Process”.

Following are the steps:

1) Create Sampling Procedure (T-code: QDV1)

2) Create Master Inspection Characteristic (T-code: QS21)

3) Create Maintenance Task list, here provide Inspection Pt. 300 for equipment or 310 for functional location. Then assign MIC & sampling procedure to operation in Task list.

4) Create Maintenance Plan, here provide Maint. Plan description, Equipment, Order type- PM05, Task list

5) Then schedule the maintenance plan.

6) When Order is generated with the reference of this task list, after releasing the maintenance order Inspection lot get generated for this order.

7) Then go for Result Recording (T-code: QA32)

For detail explanation please refer the following Link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29392

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3174451

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1316901

http://www.slideshare.net/subhrajyotibhattacharjee7/sap-pm-test-equipment-managementcalibration-proc...

Try at your end, may be helpful to you!

Regards

Ritesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Ritesh, Gyan and Maheshwaran.

I was able to have the Inspection lot generated with the help of your replies.

now I have to restrict the PM order generation of the Vernier calippers which are actually in the stock and not being used on the field.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That can be controlled using User Status.

Read the document.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33909

Using Business Transaction control for User Status, make the order creation for equipments which are under usage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Just providing the same process which maheswaran mentioned in detail

First create each Vernier Calliper as a separate equipment.

Then move to the config path Plant Maintenance -> Master data in PM-> Basic Settings-> Define User Status

In this create a User  Status Profile having User statuses eg. In StocK & In production

During entry of User Status In Stock Select In Stock and in the Menu Bar click Goto-> Transaction control

In transaction Control click on new entries and enter the transaction for Order Assignment

Click on the radio button Forbidden for order assignment

Hence after this whichever vernier caliper has an in stock status it will be forbidden to be used in an Order or a Not

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. Create Vernier Caliper as Material with Serial Number Profile
  2. GR will create the Equipment in background
  3. Use IE4N method to install the vernier caliper for specific location
  4. Create Maintenance Plan for the equipment
  5. Do the scheduling
  6. According to date of order execution, either In Line inspection or Work shop inspection can be done
  7. In Line Inspection doesn't require the vernier caliper to dismantle from the location
  8. Workshop Inspection will require dismantling (IE4N) to do the inspection

As mentioned above, you can get many links for IE4N, Serial Number with Equipment, Maintenance Planning process.

gyanaranjan_rout
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i) Create equipment as vernier caliper and create same equipment as a spare part

ii)create purchase requisition

iii)Create purchase order

iv)Receive the material In MIGO T.code
v)Check in MMBE stock overview

then

Config: Assign Calibration inspection type-14 to respective PM Order type.

Master Data:

1. You first create Maintenance Plan (IP41). Considering you've already an Equipments (IE01), General Taks List for equipment (IA05) created/available in system in PM module.

2. Then you schedule Maintenance Plan using IP10.

3. After Scheduling, system generates a Maintenance Order automatically in background.

4. Then you release Maintenace Order (IW32). Once PM order releaseed, an inspection lot is generated (Based on Configuration done).

5. Then process the Insp Lot (UD)n depending on which a status will be updated for an equipment.

6. Subsequently, process the Maintenace Order & close it.

Config: Assign Calibration inspection type-14 to respective PM Order type.

Master Data:

1. You first create Maintenance Plan (IP41). Considering you've already an Equipments (IE01), General Tasks List for equipment (IA05) created/available in system in PM module.

2. Then you schedule Maintenance Plan using IP10.

3. After Scheduling, system generates a Maintenance Order automatically in background.

4. Then you release Maintenace Order (IW32). Once PM order releaseed, an inspection lot is generated (Based on Configuration done).

5. Then process the Insp Lot (UD)n depending on which a status will be updated for an equipment.

6. Subsequently, process the Maintenace Order & close it.

If any query, revert back.

Regards,