cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load data 2 tiems with different values ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement, where i have to load the same data ( all char. and Key figures) 2 tiems to DSO.

for eg.

Char1, char2, char3,char3, KF1, KF2

i have to load all once, and then again with some different value for char3.

and this char3 will b a part of key, so there should not be loading problem.

Expert Routine ?? i dont know how, but i can figure it out . or let me know if there is another way of doing it.

thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating DSO, it will not add any infoobject more than once. How are you expecting to see repeated chars and KFs in DSO?

You can load multiple versions of records to unique infoobjects in DSO.

What is your business requirement exactly?

Regards,

Suman

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suman,

I think his requirement is to add the same records 2 times to dso. with different values in the one of the keyfields.

@Sandy : Pls correct me if i were wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for taking time out and for your suggestions...

But some of you have misunderstood me..

we have 100,000 records in DSO for compay code 100. and we have few more company codes (300, 770, 440, 300 ), but for those, data is not available. so I have to load the same 100,000 records for all these diff. -diff. company codes..

All other chars. and key figures remains the same..

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sandy,

I have an idea. Create a self loop to your DSo. I mean create a transformation between your DSO to same DSO. Write an End routine  in this transformation to process all 100000 records with new company codes. You need to run full DTP.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good idea, But if there is a End routine invole, then i think without createing self transformation, we can do it too.

i can create End routin in the existing transformation too..correct?

so, once it load all 100,000 records, we can write an End routine, which takes all 100,000 records and change value for one of the char. and reload ....

The problem, i dont know what to ( OR How to write ) any sample code would be help full.

thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

in general, that idea which you thought not possible.

Because, today you ran your load and later you maintained end -routine and move transport ot prod, again you load data. it works fine as your end routine transformation may load data. if the same load happens tomorrow, then how you stop executing of end- routine? its not possible stop end routine. self loop transformation may be good idea.

Regarding end routine, please check it, you may get idea and take ABAP expert help.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-11409

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16089

Thanks

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

No, it's not possible. You want to load all 10000 records first to DSO. To make your end routine to work only  when you load company codes, you need a self loop. So you will load 10000 firstly and again you run ome more full DTP between your DSo to DSO, here the end routine will come into the picture. So you need an end routine in the self looped transformation only.

Take an ABAPer's help to write an End routine.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-11409

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use DO statement inside  loop at RESULT_PACKAGE assigning <result_fields>.

WR,

Vijay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You cannot put same infoobject twice....but if you really want same char type then create a reference infoobject and add in the key area Eg: -(Char3 and ZChar3 ) here Zchar3 will take master data structure and text from Char3.

Or

Your requirement is to just two records with same values except a change in value in Char3 then no need of having Char3 twice you can load the first record and then change the value for Char3 and reload the record both will stay as Char3 is in key.

I think it will solve for further info please share your business requirement if its ok.

Thanks

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandy,

Why you require to have same char again ?

You want to show anything like Actual vs plan , why can't you use two different info objects?

Whats the problem in it?

Regards,

Venkatesh

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

does all the fields have the same data , if it is so , then you can go for write optimised dso.

if you have different values for atleast one keyfields then it will be treated as different records.