Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable few fields in SM30 (TMG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a database table which can be maintained via SM30. This table has let's say 4 fields (Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4)

Field1 has a sequence 1,2,3,4,5.......

My question here is all the 4 fields (Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4) should show up as display(non-editable) if the sequence is <= 9.

If the sequence is >9 then, show only Field1 as display(non-editable). How can I achieve this? Appreciate if anybody could help me doing this.

Example:

Field1Field2Field3Field4
1 (display)A (display)B (display)C (display)
2 (display)D (display)E (display)F (display)
3 (display)G (display)H (display)I (display)
.  (display). (display). (display). (display)
. (display). (display). (display). (display)
9 (display)J (display)K (display)L (display)
10 (display)M (Enable)N (Enable)O (enable)
11 (display)P (Enable)Q (Enable)R (enable)

Thanks,

Nani

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Honestly, the answer is to write your own screen and not use SM30.

Neal

former_member203305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Create ur own program to do that and do not change the standard SM30.

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks Neal and Miguel for the replies. But, can you give me few ideas on how to achieve this instead of touching standard SM30.

0 Kudos

I'd do it as a modifiable ALV Grid.

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though the recommended Solution is to Create a separate program, The solution for Your Problem can be achieved as:

Hope that TMG has been generated for your table.

There are Events available in TMG which can be made used for achieving this functionality.  There are various in built events available to handle the various situations like validations etc.

Go to Table ->TMG -> Environment -> Modifications -> Events  specify the routine against the specific event and  do the required screen customization in that routine.

reference Link :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/TABLE+MAINTENANCE+GENERATOR+and+ITS+EVENTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nani,

You can also use in Module Pool using Table control.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Your Basis/Security team has the capability to set what are called "Field status variants" that allow for certain fields to become editable/non-editable, visible/non-visible, required/not required.

As far as custom development goes, I recommend an SALV report -- try looking at the tutorials at

zevolving.com

0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

your can to use Menu environment on TMG. Try Modification option, those 4 options can you allow get your aim.

I think that you worked with table control will be easy for you!!!

Regards,