cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a transport request easily?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to delete a transport request. Unfortunately, I received an error that says

"Request/task BWDK903562 cannot be deleted because it contains locked objects".

So, in order to delete that transport request, I have to first delete all objects contained in that request. However, there are just too many of them if I were to do it manually one-by-one.

Is there any approach where I could delete this transport request easily without first deleting all objects contained in that request?

Thanks you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better you just release the transport request and dont import than delete the request. Then you can add the object to a new transport request.

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fullham FC,

Is your query on releasing and at the same time releasing of transport requests resolved?

I am also have difficulty in this action since were using SAP ABAP also.

0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

Blog above related to deleting the Transport request, if you also have the same difficulty

unlock the objects from the task first, go to SE03---->unlock objects---> give the Request/task number and execute, this will un-lock all the objects from the request, then delete the request/task through SE10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

I will follow what Dinesh and Teja had suggested.

FYI, I can delete object individually even when it is locked from SE09. It would prompt me when a message saying that the object is locked but I can still delete it from my request after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the bjects individually and then delete the task and then the CTS. Do not release it. The risk is it being moved to production by accident later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Better release this request..Don't import..This will solve your problem..You can create Requests for the same objects again,without any problem..

Hope it is clear

Thanks

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE03 and give the request no and execute, it will unlock the objects for that request.

Now go to SE10 and delete the objects in that request and then the request.

Assign points if it helps......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fulham,

A transport request cannot be deleted with locked objects. So you have to first unlock the objects in the request. To do this: SE03 --> Request Task --> Unlock Objects.

The in SE10 select the request you want to delete and expand. Then right click on the sub node of the request and delete. Then Select the main request and delete.

Hope this helps.

Bhargava