cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error "Load Report failed in vs2010(asp.net) development environment"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tired from SAP 13 reports with vs2010(with Asp.net) , previously my report was working fine , but once i formatted my pc and re installed everything after that i am not able to view any report on Vs 2010 development environment.its working fine inside deployment server.

I have installed CRforVS_13_0.exe and my code is like below.

ReportDocument rptMainDoc = new ReportDocument();

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

DataTable dtMain = new DataTable();

DataTable dtSubReport = new DataTable();         

try

{           

{

dtMain.Clear();

dtMain = DbFactory.GetDataByProcedure("Clv..Sp_RptRulesMast").Tables[0];

rptMainDoc.Load(Server.MapPath(@"~\Reports\RptFile\RptRulesMast.rpt"));

rptMainDoc.SetDataSource(dtMain);

rptMainDoc.SetParameterValue("RepName", "Rules Details");

rptMainDoc.SetParameterValue("RepHead", reportName);

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rptMainDoc;

CrystalReportViewer1.ReuseParameterValuesOnRefresh = false;

CrystalReportViewer1.EnableParameterPrompt = false;

CrystalReportViewer1.HasRefreshButton = false; // this is set to false because giving parameter missing error.

CrystalReportViewer1.ToolPanelView = CrystalDecisions.Web.ToolPanelViewType.None;

ReportMaster.InsertEmpSingleRule(Cpara.Sp_InsertAndGetStatusOfEmpRule, SessionUtilities.CurrentUserId);

}

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

ErrorLogUtility.LogException(ex);

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(typeof(System.Web.UI.Page), "alertuser", "<script>alert('Sorry error occurred in employee rule report.');</script>", false);

}

finally

{

dtMain.Dispose();

dtSubReport.Dispose();  

}

}

I have tried following things

1) Re install crystal report 2 times - one time run it with administrator permission.

2) Given full rights to Window/temp folder with almost all account e.g:-network services,one impersonate user etc..

3) added following tag inside web.config file

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"/>

<section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

<buildProviders>

<add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

<add extension=".rpt" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.Compilation.RptBuildProvider, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

</buildProviders>

<httpHandlers>

<add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

</httpHandlers>

<handlers>

<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode"/>

</handlers>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<rptBuildProvider>

<add embedRptInResource="true"/>

</rptBuildProvider>

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="ResourceUri" value="/crystalreportviewers13"/>

</crystalReportViewer>

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

Please please help me to resolve this issue as earliest as possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should be loading CRforVS_13_5.exe not CRforVS_13_0.exe.

Also here are some installation blogs i found useful when setting up VS2010 in the past:

http://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/23169
http://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/22994

I don't think this is relevant on a workstation but it is in my notes for setting up a workstation:

A virtual directory must be made from C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client to the root of the website
as aspnet_client .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 

Thanks for reply

there are many reports in my solution which all are work fine but when i try to open this 3 report which initially developed using crystal report developer tool not from vs 2010 now i am just transferring this all report from that crystal report tool to asp.net 2010 version.

i have that asp net_client  folder also , even given full rights to that folder but still there is a same problem.

a link which you have given , i have visited it but there is different error and that i got when i was new in crystal report but now this strange error i am getting in development version please have a look this image for more detail.

Thanks for your valuable help.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What file did you use to install the CR runtime?

Can you attach one of the reports that works and one that does not work? (Click on "Use advanced editor" - rename the rpt to txt and attach )

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help.

I checked each and every point in detail with my problem , and finally i got solution , by the way really shameful solution for me , i was assigning wrong path to that particular rpt. but once i looked each and every rpt path and i came to know that where i was wrong.

But again now got this problem ...

http://scn.sap.com/message/14130913#14130913

so trying to resolving it....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Could you post the complete stack trace of the error?

Try harcoding the report path in the app for a test, see if that works?

Compare the file size of the RPT with your prod (working) environment.

In your Dev env. try loading a simple report (no DB connection) see if this works, then replace it with an actual report.

Do you face this issue with all your reports or few?

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan

Thanks for reply

there are many reports in my solution which all are work fine but when i try to open this 3 report which initially developed using crystal report developer tool not from vs 2010 for your detail here is attached image so please have a look it.