cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row Level Security: BOBJ Explorer

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using BOBJ sp06. We have applied row level security on WEBI Reports succesfully. Now when I try to run Explorer based on same IDT. The security profiles are not working. We have 4 levels in the organaisation structure(Region mngr, country mngr, vice president, president) viewing the same report and data gets filtered out accordingly. Can anyone help me implementing the same scenario in Explorer, wherein data should get filtered out with the user who logs in using @variable('BOUSER') function.

Regards,

Karthika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already sent a document to ur mail, please check, I am unable to attach here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthika, can you please advise how you resolved this issue. I am facing a similar issue with security. I created a reference information space and then a personalized space with filtering the username both using Administrator login but when logging in as any other user I get the following error...

Any help is much appreciated!

It was not possible to retrieve the list of measures from the server.

Can't retrieve the measures list. (PS 50003)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika

If the number of users are manageable, then you can use excel for secuirty management.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

To expand on the solution given by Victor, the user which Indexes the information space will retrieve the data from the database (with Universe restrictions applied at the moment of Indexing) and Explorer will keep a local Index on disk, not going back to the database for viewing Information spaces. This is to enable the speed at which Explorer is working. If Universe restrictions would need to be re-considered every time a user views an information space, the query would need to go back to the database losing all of the speed.

Kind Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply

I am new to explorer. is there any other way except for personalization to apply security to get data filtered in explorer as per the user who has logged   in.

Regards,

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthika,

There is an exception to Universe based Information spaces, Column security is respected i.e. you can blank out a whole facets based on your existing Universe restrictions. What is not possible it filter out data on a row-based level, which is why personalization needs to be used.

Another option, which requires a lot of administration, would be to create an information space for every data-group. Then Index each Information Space with a specific user, that is allowed to see the data. Then based on regular Object rights you can deny access to other information spaces, and users would only see the information spaces listed which they are allowed to see the data of.

I would still say, there is unfortunately no better way than personalization to filter data out. If you don't have all the information in the database table, on which you create an information space and link it for personalization, you can also create your "custom data filter table", by re-creating an Excel spreadsheet with the username and what data they are allowed to see. This same Excel spreasheet needs to be indexed in Explorer and can then be used in Personalization.

Note: If you go against a BWA Index or SAP HANA there are other options, but as you are using a Universe it's unlikely.

Kind Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I think 'customer data filter table' will be a good option

Thanks for your reply

Regards,

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

refer to this tutorial:

Personalize an information space with a custom filter: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-21010

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply.

We have much more complex scenario than mentioned in the link. Can we use @variable('BOUSER')??

because we have username stored in different column of the same table(DIM_ORG).

We have 9 dimension table connected to one fact table.

Regards,

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

you will have to use the mechanism above.

Best regards,

Victor