Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are working on"Batch Specific Unit of measure scenario"

In material Master

Base Unit of Measure: LB

Variable Order Unit: Active (1)

Batch specific unit of measure : LB/PAC

Classification View: Class 023 with Class/Characteristic. Charecteristic is for LB/PAC

In Additional Data :Unit Measure Use : B and Planned value : 2 LB per PAC

In Purchasing :Batch Activation

In Purchase Order

Purchase Order Ordering Unit : PAC

Ordering Price Unit : LB (1$/LB)

After purchase order creation for 10 PAC system is counting quantity: 20 LB and Net Price : $20 based on Planned Value on Material Mater ( As expected Result)

At time of Goods receipt

Packing list from supplier shows that for 10 PAC total weight is 22 LB.

Problem we are facing that every time receiver/user have to into item level "Batch"  tab and have to include manually counted conversion unit in to characteristics view. As per our example 2.2 LB.

Is there anyway to automated this process ? In otherword where can we keyed in directly weight(LB) and system can keep the track of Base Unit of measure, Batch specific unit of measure.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where else do you expect to enter a Batch Specific Unit of measure than in the batch itself either at  goods receipt or prior to receipt by batch maintenance in MSC1N ?

How do you think can this be automated? Automatically SAP uses the known "planned conversion ratio" from material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen.

I understand that batch specific unit of measure needs to enter in batch itself.

Any idea if catch weight management drives solution by maintaining LB as Base Unit of Measure and PAC as parallel unit of measure.

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cant tell you anything about CWM, we are doing batch specific unit of measure without CWM.

we store and sell material in drums, sdrum is the base unit. if you fill a batch into drums, then the last drum is never a full drum, it is always partially filled. But is is certainly 1 drum, as 0.712 drum is physically not correct. so this is an extra material number and an extra batch with base unit drum and alternative batch specific unit KG (LB is automatically calculated using dependencies in classification) and this KG weight has to be entered in the batch classification.

we have an own written MMBE that can show the quantity in base unit and batch specific unit in parallel

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is very interesting, Jurgen.  When you say this is an extra material number and an extra batch number, do you mean that there is a separate material number for every possible value of relationship between drum qty and weight?  For example, 0.65 drums worth of weight is referred to with the same material number as 0.712 drums worth of weight?  And is your base unit drum or KG for these? 

Thanks, we are dealing with a different but similar issue, multiple possible cross reference quantities per base unit. 

Thanks, Curt Hockaday

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not an extra material per conversion rate, just one material number for partial drums of that material. And a batch per partial drum.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

If I remember correclty, you can set the indicator "leading unit of measure" in MARM, that is the unit conversion maintenance in the material master.

If you do that, this may open both the base uom field and the entry uom field.

I know this was possible with the old MBXY transaction and believe it also works with setting batch specific conversion factors by entering 2 quantities.

It may require the DIMP extension - I do not remember this from my heart.

So, in both cases you classify a batch that you create in goods receipt:
- classic options on the "CTMS" valuation dialogue of classification

- enhanced option by entering 2 quantities and calculating the conversion factor and setting this value into the batch classification.

Regards,

Stefan