cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Side SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I'm in the process of configuring end to end SSO for BO 4.0...using the below steps:

1. AD Config as per section 8.4 Admin guide & "Configuring Active Directory Manual Authentication and SSO for BI4" by Steve Fredell

2. SAP Authentication in CMC

3. Server side SNC (Section 8.5.6 & 8.5.7 from the Configuration guide for BO 4.0)

4. Map AD users to SAP users:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/How+to+map+SAP+users+and+AD+users+in+XI3.1+CMC  .+ Note 1343537

Since I already have an existing third party SNC setup for SNC between AD & BW (i..e GUI users can login to BW without a password), the snc* parameters in RZ10 will not allow 2  files & I won't be able to use sapcrypto.dll for Step 3 above...

The solution for this is using the Kerberos file (https://scn.sap.com/thread/1640048)

We have BOBJ servers on Windows & BW server on AIX...will this work....please advise...

Also, is there some other (single) document for this kind of scenario...

Thanks a lot !

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no single documentation to using kerberos SNC as it is not an SAP product. The setup can be setup in your environment though and as long as the correct entries are made the BI4 product can function.

-Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

For this scenario (SSO from AD-->BOBJ-->BW & SSO from AD-->BW), is there any other solution available apart from Kerberos...

I've read that Kerberos (for Unix) would have to be purchased from a supported vendor...so just evaluating all available options....

Thanks a lot !

Saba.

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using a kerberos snc library on your BW system then you could only use the kerberos SNC for the backend SSO BOBJ --> BW part.

for the front end SSO --> BOBJ (using AD or whatever) you could also use Trusted Authentication (included) to perform the SSO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

So sorry for so many questions ...but it is a tad confusing...

I have a "third party" snc library on BW, for SSO between AD & BW at the moment...

For BOBJ, I'm doing the configurations using the guide: "Configuring Active Directory Manual Authentication and SSO for BI4" by Steve Fredell

In this scenario, can I:

1. Use the third party snc library (already on BW) for Server Side SNC between BOBJ & BW as well (since RZ10 can have only one library)

2. Is Kerberos the only option & my third party BW snc library will have to be replaced by a "purchased" Kerberos for UNIX

3. Use sapcrypto for Server Side SNC & say goodbye to SSO between AD & BW 

Please advise...n thanks a lot for all your great help

-S.

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

NP, easy one

1) YES

2 & 3) no need since you can use the third party library

Although SAP support cannot assist you with implementing the 3rd party library into BI I have seen many different kinds working. All you need is an understanding of the mentioned fields within the SAP plugin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Josh

So all I need to do is follow the Server Side SNC settings from the config guide & ignore the RZ10 parameter setup...(since it's already in place)...

For the certificate generation, would I need to contact the third party vendor ?

Thank you !

Saba.

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct. For any assistance you would need to contact the vendor.

-josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Have a great day ahead !

Answers (0)