cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varied Languages in Label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

This is about GHS Label. Label has R &S phrase in various languages.

Now, depending upon the region of customer, these languages to be varied. For example, below is the case,

There are 3 regions and the language to be displayed on label are as follows,

Region 1

Region 2

Region 3

DE

EN

AU

AR

AR

BD

AU

DK

CA

BD

BD

CL

CA

CA

CO

CL

CL

DO

CO

CO

HK

DO

DO

HN

HK

DO

HN

The format is something like below,

EN - Safety phrases

DE - Safety phrases

FR - Safety phrases

GB - Safety phrases

In general, I have do have knowledge to vary it according to "G" repeating group.

One solution I am thinking about creation of 3 GVs for 3 regions and maintain the languages there. but how to pull the first phrase ( EN, DE, FR) in that case as i wanted to keep only one template.

The simplest solution is to have 3 different template with 3 GVs and get the output.

Somehow, client willing to have it as One template as far as possible.

Can anybody guide me here...

OR Do you know, how to pull the following yellow highlighted data of GV in template. I wish to pull the Text of it viz EN, FR, DE etc..

Kindly Advise.

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

quite tricky topic but cleary needed for many labels.

Check the examples of SAP as shown here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/cd/a8661a1f1411d393e7080009b98822/content.htm

Chapter Example: Repeating Group of Type G

I am not sure if that match to the demand you have. (according to your picture you should get (if proper WWI layout is used), in my opinion,  "immediate" the "wished" result in report)

Example: if we talk about old EU system (with R and S phrases), then you know that you can have more than one phrase selected. I am not sure how G group react here (according to yoru example): e.g.

Let us assume two phrases are maintained will you get first an e.g. English "block" with two phrase, then french with two phrases etc.

You should test that.

Check may be as well

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/a7/28736f0a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm

or

http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YP-RELNEHS_SAF_27A_VFG

Here you could get further ideas how to use "G group" and may be this could be the right approach to go on.

I have some doubt that you can reduce to one layout; but it might be possible (from business point of view there is no difference in my opinion as the starting point is generation variant and language to create a report. Normally the "end user" come into contact with genvariant only (I am not sure but it is possible, if i remember correct, to maintain a "personilized" hit list of genvar, so the end user can "reduce" the number of genvariants to those of interest)

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for the reply.

hmm.. i will make it bit easy.

so firstly, can you please help me to pull following values in templates

In other words, which symbols i should use to pull thesse EN, NL, FR text or values of Generation varient shown above.

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You,

Regards

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

if i read cross:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/cd/a8661a1f1411d393e7080009b98822/content.htm

Chapter:

Example: Repeating Group of Type G

There is nothing on the top which is needed. The data should be shown in sequence:

Endlish, Dutch, French etc.

May be create first a template according to SAP Example and then play around

If you check:

http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YP-RELNEHS_SAF_27A_VFG

there is a "special" use like:

You can use the following variants on your report template:
  • Validity area and language restriction
Example: <11BRG000(G,A:REG_EU,L:DE;*)>
  • Validity area category and language restriction
Example: <11BRG000(G,T:REGION,L:DE;*)>
  • Validity area category restriction

What is not explained here (and frankly I haven't check that): if you need to maintain on genereation variant level the "disctrece validity areas"; further on: i do not know if it is allowed to use it like:

Example: <11BRG000(G,T:REGION,L:DE;*)>

Example: <11BRG000(G,T:REGION,L:DE, EN, ES etc.;*)>

or if:

<11BRG000(G,T:REGION,L:DE, L:EN, L:ES etc.;*)>

is the right syntax. Here may be you need to dig depper your self.

Now as you know: we have a "leading validity area" and the "discrete ones". And you can specify if "superset, subset etc." should be used on generation variant level. I have never tested the effects which might happen.

Hope this helps.

C.B.

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Let's suppose you want to print the state of matter (SAP_EHS_1013_001_VALUE, symbol G1013001VA) in these languages. It should then look like this:

<11BRG124(M,SAP_EHS_1013_001;*)>

<11BRG123(G;*)>

<01G1013001VA(P)[D:State of Matter]>

<11ERG123>

<11ERG124>

Repeating Group 124 is the normal master repeating group. repeating group 123 will take care that all languages defined in the RGV are printed on the MSDS.

If you want only certain, but not all languages defined in the RGV, then change the G-Group into <11BRG125(G,T:REGION,L:DE;*)>. Now, only German will be printed. For each language, you need to define a separate G-Group defining which language is to be printed.

Best regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I understand your requirement is to have multiple languages with in single template.

It is very difficult to manage above mentioned way.

The easiest way would be to create the custom symbols, which can control the languages.

and maintain those symbols in the wwi header.

for ex., if you maintain the language symbols like ZLANG1, ZLANG2 & ZLANG3 in the template header, you can get the 3 open fields, when you access the transaction CBGL_MP01.

there you can enter the languages, what ever you want.

but in side the template, whole languages will be maintained. Languages will be filtered out, according to the entries you input in the transaction CBGL_MP01.

Let me know, still you have any questions on this.

Regards

kamal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

could you may be help to get a better understanding of use of symbol: <11BRG125(G,T:REGION,L:DE;*)> etc.

If I read cross your explanation this is my understanding:

a.) you need to define in generation variant the "wished" languages (refer to screenshot of Amol).

b.) now by using that you can only (according to your explanation) "subselect" (e,g, if on generation variant lvel you have specified EN, FR you can not use e.g. <11BRG125(G,T:REGION,L:DE;*)> in layout => is this correct? Therefore if on generaiton vairant only EN, FR is mentioned you can nut use th G group with e.g,. ES??

The explanation provided here by SAP is not clear enough in my opinion

It seems to be that you confirm my estimation. You can only print data in WWI "blocks" of language

Could you may be enlarge your example:

<11BRG123(G;*)>

<11ERG123>

<11ERG124>

Is now this logic correct ?

<11BRG121(G;T:REGION,L:DE;*))>

<11ERG121>

<11BRG122(G;T:REGION,L:EN;*))>

<11ERG122>

<11BRG125(G;T:REGION,L:FR;*))>

<11ERG125>

etc.

<11ERG124>

I would appreciate here your feedback

C.B.

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I set up the RGV with 3 languages mentioned explicitly, which is mandatory (if you don't add them explicitly in the RGV, only the language chosen during generation will be printed, no matter what is coded in the template).

Then we use the G-group as I mentioned above:

Since in the RGV the languages English, French, and German were coded, we now get a printout of the state of matter in these three languages, independently from the MSDS language:

If you wanted to only print the text in French, then change the G-group into

So as you understood correctly, languages that you want to print independently from the MSDS language MUST be mentioned in the RGV definition. It works the very same way in labels.

Cheers,

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

thanks. The topic is now clear. I would like to dig deeper here to get a better understand of "special" report symbols. I will create a separate thread. There are some report symbols which are not explained well by SAP. One thread does have some reference to that. may be you could help to provide feedback about the sue of them. And thise specials symbol is related (to my understanding) to this discussion.

C.B.

PS: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1558118 discuss similar topics

PPS: Dear Ralph. Just created: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3383950

May be you can provide some feedback. I would appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to ALL for helping me on this issue...

although issue is not resolved, but as said by kamal, it will be bit difficult to manage in one template..

Regards

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

may be some further ideas regarding your topic. If we ignore for a moment that you would like to have "AR" as the language (Arabic) according to explantions you need only to prepare the full list of languages in generation variant as shown above. Then inside the laoyut you can prepare blocks (per language according to explanation of Ralph). Now you need only a further input parameter. If you combine that with either proposal of Kamal or if you create a customer specific symbol you check for generation variant (you need only three values) you could try to use a "if / elsif / endif" structure regarding the generation variant report symbol. By using a clever architecture you could prepare three sub layout and include them (by using the new include technique) in one major layout .

This approach doeas have soem benefit. You can maintain the three layout seperate but the whole structure an be the same. But it is clear that this type of logic is not easy to support (error handling) etc.

And there is one small but: regarding language "AR" you should clearly prepare a different layout as this is a language written from right to left and not left to right. I am not aware of any option to mix left to right and right to left languages in one WWI report. This is according to my knowledge not possible so that output etc.is correct

C.B.

PS: if you need three different leading validity artea sin the generation variant you should use there templates. This is the best approach i believe

Answers (0)