SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration JVA and MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks I need some help in JVA-MM integration. We are running  SAP ECC 6.0 and we have all modules installed including JVA, I am afraid we are not using  JVA in the right way that’s why I ask for your help and orientation. We have near 100 JVA´s and counting !!! ,  JVA module is running smoothly for accounting department  but is creating a chaos in the logistic side because we create a logistic center for each JVA in order to have control of JVA´s material inventory and CO accounting since in material master there is only one benefit center for each logistic center, that´s the reason why accounting department ask us to create a logistic center each time we have a new JVA.  

In the logistic side we have same material in several logistic centers with no ways to planning it in aggregate way, in others words we, at logistics side, would like to have ONE logistic center with common material used by all JVA´s and supply form this center all JVA´s requirements but having each JVA´s inventory assigned to its corresponding JVA inventory account and benefit center.

I think that SAP ERP have enough functionality to handle this integration between  MM, FI, CO through JVA,  using split valuation, material ledger and JVA, because of that I think we  have not installed JVA module in the right way and that’s way I am asking you for help

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kartik_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

Please check the transaction GJ55.

Please refer to the customising documentation below or in SPRO for this :

As part of configuring MM functionality for JVA, you should assign valuation types for various stocks of materials to the cost objects (cost center, WBS element, order) on which the actual materials will be held. Optionally, you may define the condition type for the material at the cost object level as well.

Requirements

Before proceeding to specify valuation types for material stocks and assign these types for materials held on the JVA-related CO cost objects, you should fully configure standard Logistics and MM for your company.  In particular, you must define valuation areas, create plants, and set split valuation categories and types for your company's plants.

If you intend to specify condition codes for the condition type and cost object combinations you specify in this step, you should set up these JVA material condition codes first.

Hopefully this helps.

With regard to CO integration - we follow the same process as CO cost allocation - assessments, distribution and settlement.The only change is that there is an option to change the RI using manipulation rule - MRule.

Regards,

Kartik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kartik_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

Please check the transaction GJ55.

Please refer to the customising documentation below or in SPRO for this :

As part of configuring MM functionality for JVA, you should assign valuation types for various stocks of materials to the cost objects (cost center, WBS element, order) on which the actual materials will be held. Optionally, you may define the condition type for the material at the cost object level as well.

Requirements

Before proceeding to specify valuation types for material stocks and assign these types for materials held on the JVA-related CO cost objects, you should fully configure standard Logistics and MM for your company.  In particular, you must define valuation areas, create plants, and set split valuation categories and types for your company's plants.

If you intend to specify condition codes for the condition type and cost object combinations you specify in this step, you should set up these JVA material condition codes first.

Hopefully this helps.

With regard to CO integration - we follow the same process as CO cost allocation - assessments, distribution and settlement.The only change is that there is an option to change the RI using manipulation rule - MRule.

Regards,

Kartik