cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test of database administration credentials failed for W31 System Database (ABAP): MaxDB, w312017db

0 Kudos

Hi

I have done a distributed installation of NW 7.3 on Windows 2008 Server R2 on host which has two virtual hostnames.

After completion of installation, I have tried to configure the this host machine in the SAP LVM.

When I entered the MaxDB credentials and press the Test DBConnection its throwing the below error.

error stack:

Test of database admin credentials failed for W31 System Database (ABAP): MaxDB, w312017db.

caused by Error occured while trying to get the status of the db from host agent. Used endpoint: 'http://w312017src:1128' [com.sap.nw.lm.aci.engine.base.exception.EngineException]

caused by Database permission denied: username or password not set Please provide username and password of a database manager (DBM) user (a default DBM user is the 'control' user). [com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.SOAPFaultException]

I  am very sure that I gave correct credentials while installing. My OS password and master, DB passwords for all the three SAP Instances(CS,DB,CI) are the same.

Even I have reentered the passwords for all the users of the DB using the XUSER.

xuser list

xuser clear

xuser -U c_J2EE -u CONTROL,password -d W31 -t 0 -I 0 -S SAPR3 -n W312017db

xuser -U DEFAULT -u SAPW31,password -d W31 -t 0 -I 0 -S SAPR3 -n W312017db

xuser -U c -u CONTROL,password -d W31 -t 0 -I 0 -S SAPR3 -n W312017db

xuser -U w -u SUPERDBA,password -d W31 -t 0 -I 0 -S SAPR3 -n W312017db

Can anyone help us in resolving the issue. Please let us know which logs needed to find out the exact issue.

I am attaching the dev_sapdbctrl log file for your reference.

Regards,

Sivasankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivasankar,

Are you able to log on database directly via dbmcli:

dbmcli -d <dbsid> -u control,<password> db_state

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any solution.

I am trying to add Database (oracle) on SunOS server.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rekha,

Please check the point number 20 of this SAP Note.

Note 1020175 - FAQ: SAP MaxDB installation/upgrade or applying a patch

also have a look its related notes

Regards,

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

Please also check the following link

Permissions for SAP MaxDB

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran SDBVERIFY and I have not observed any issue with my MaxDB installation.

Still I am getting this error.

Regards,

Sivasankar

0 Kudos

I came across a similar error with some other setup while I am trying to configure in SAP LVM.

error stack:

Test of database admin credentials failed for W31 System Database (ABAP): MaxDB, w312017db.

caused by Error occured while trying to get the status of the db from host agent. Used endpoint: 'http://w312017db:1128' [com.sap.nw.lm.aci.engine.base.exception.EngineException]

caused by Invalid Response code (401). Server [http://w312017db:1128] returned message [Unauthorized]. Http proxy info:  none [javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException]

caused by Invalid Response code (401). Server [http://w312017db:1128] returned message [Unauthorized]. Http proxy info:  none [com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException]

If anyone has some idea about this issue please share your thoughts with us.

Regards,

Sivasankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone get solution. I am facing below error

Test of database administration credentials failed for <SID> System database (ABAP/JAVA): Oracle, <server name>

I have distributed system and I am trying to add database to LVM.

Where i need to provide database admin password. I have oracle database on sun solaris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abishek,

We have the same issue with server on LVM (same env ).  Please , let me know, if you were able to find the solution.

Thanks