cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration SAP BO 3.1 XI to 4.0 (doubts)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have doubts to realize the migration SAPBO. We are on BO XI 3.1 version and would like to migrate to version 4. We have doubts about the universes that are today. UNV and pass to. UNX. My concern is that we have nearly 1000 reports and 15 Universes and would like to know if the migration is transparent. The question is: We need to recreate the Universes?? And how about de reports? We have some toll for migrating reports? Or we have to redevelop the reports??? Thank you. Regards!!!

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Special Thanks for you Vives Yudel and Jowahar!! King Regards! I'll study this posts.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

in addition to the above tips, if you plan to convert UNV to UNX you would read the apposite section in the Information Design Guide that is at http://help.sap.com/boall_en

Remember also, after the upgrade, to refresh the structure against the database and run Check Integrity, resolve all problems.

Keep track of everything you do in case you need to investigate root cause for (I hope not) problems.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Hope you are doing good. i was hesitant to post here but when i saw your have replied to this post i didn't want to loose this opportunity to take your help.

So, here is my doubt:

Customer is on XI R2 SP1, upgrading to BO 4.

Now, we need to have an intermediate BO XI 3.1 system as a persistent staging before upgrading to BO 4 as direct upgrade from R2 SP1.

They have scheduled Crystal Reports with based on Windows AD user security. I am not sure UMT will migrate them to BO 4.0 system with proper security settings. what do you say? what should be the best approach. Could you please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a project planning standpoint I recommend you do first the upgrade from XI3.1 to BI 4 "as-is" without modifying reports or universes. BI 4 is fully compatible with those XI3 artifacts.

Then in a second project upgrade to UNX & change report sources as needed (when you need to leverage new capabilities provided by UNX)

Check www.sap.com/upgradebi for more information. Make sure you check the planning section for best practices.

Thanks

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you have many reports, i think you can do incremental migration.

Use Upgrade managment tool to move the contents from 31. to 4.0.

Convert the UNV and UNX using IDT in 4.0

Open the WEBI Reports and change the source of the WEBI reports from UNV to UNX. You may or may not see issues while changing the source.

Safe bet is test the small number of reports and proceed with next.

Again changing the source is manual effort.