SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Article Image in article master Data?

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to add Article image in master data, i have activated the subscreen and able to fetch the image if i save it in the local system, but i am not able to fetch the image if i save it in the sap server or any content server location , can you please help on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do the following steps to bring in the Image in Article Master.

Step 1: SPRO->Logistics General->Material Master->Configuring the Material Master->Define Structure of Data Screens for each Screen Sequence

You have to add a new Sub screen for the required Screen Sequence.

In our case here copy the standard screen sequence for Fashion 33 and customize Z/Y screen Sequence and add the new Sub screen to it. Select the Basic Data and Select the sub screens. Insert the New Sub screen SAPLMGW_COMMON/ 0100 into the Sub screen area of your Z Screen Sequence.

Step 2: SPRO->Logistics General->Material Master->Configuring the Material Master->Assign Screen Sequences to User/Article type/Transaction/Industry Sector

Give your ZScreen Sequence to the Article Type.

Step 3: SPRO->Logistics General->Material Master->Retail-Specific Settings->Settings for Image Data Display->Edit Image Data Parameters

The system requires various control parameters in order to use image data in the respective applications. To maintain flexibility in the control of image data in the various application areas/transactions, the image data parameters are grouped together under object types. Configure the Object type.

Click on New Entries and Configure an Object Type.

Give the details like Application Server Path, File types Etc. Save the Picture as Article number.JPG in the mentioned Server path.

Regards,

Madhan Raj. C

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I am also trying to add a image into the article master.

Could you tell me more on the changes to the screen and what additional coding to be inserted?

Prehap while doing it, I may be able to help to resolve the same error as reported.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Siew Tim,

I have added the Subscreen in Tcode:OMT3, under Retail Fashion Tab Pages select 33-> click on Data screen then select Basic View( i.e 33 ,4) then select subscreen and here i have changed the progam to SAPLMGW_COMMON and screen value from 0101 to 0100.

Give the Image path in IMG->Material Master->Retail Specific Settings->Settings for Screen Display.

0 Kudos

Hi Palani,

This can be done using SAP DMS.

The screen should display only URL.

When user clicks on this URL, seperate explorer screen will open which displays image from DMS.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1277660

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4686

Regards,

Girishkumar Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do the following steps to bring in the Image in Article Master.

Step 1: SPRO->Logistics General->Material Master->Configuring the Material Master->Define Structure of Data Screens for each Screen Sequence

You have to add a new Sub screen for the required Screen Sequence.

In our case here copy the standard screen sequence for Fashion 33 and customize Z/Y screen Sequence and add the new Sub screen to it. Select the Basic Data and Select the sub screens. Insert the New Sub screen SAPLMGW_COMMON/ 0100 into the Sub screen area of your Z Screen Sequence.

Step 2: SPRO->Logistics General->Material Master->Configuring the Material Master->Assign Screen Sequences to User/Article type/Transaction/Industry Sector

Give your ZScreen Sequence to the Article Type.

Step 3: SPRO->Logistics General->Material Master->Retail-Specific Settings->Settings for Image Data Display->Edit Image Data Parameters

The system requires various control parameters in order to use image data in the respective applications. To maintain flexibility in the control of image data in the various application areas/transactions, the image data parameters are grouped together under object types. Configure the Object type.

Click on New Entries and Configure an Object Type.

Give the details like Application Server Path, File types Etc. Save the Picture as Article number.JPG in the mentioned Server path.

Regards,

Madhan Raj. C

0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

How do I upload the picture?

I had added in the screen and setting the path as stated.

Do I upload the picture under MM42 or do I need a separate process to upload the picture to the application server?

I was looking to upload the missing picture directly from MM41 or MM42.

is this suppose to be the way?

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi Siew,

If you want the image to be diplayed to all users in server level, then you will have to store the image in the application server with file name as Aticlenumber.JPG. Give the filepath in the Edit Image Parameters.

If you want the image locally to your system the store  the file in your local sap folder and give the repective file path to the Edit Image Parameters.

Hope this solves your query.

Regards,

Madhan Raj. C

0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

I understand the image need to be kept in either appl. server or desktop.

The problem is, after additing the screen, I could  not find the place to upload the image from the screen in MM42.

My question, as I suspect, is it die to the fact that I had not add in any coding? Do I need to add some coding in order for the upload icon to appear in basic view in article master?

if yes, could you send me a sample?

Secondly, the upload should originate from MM41/MM42 since User is the party controlling the images.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Palani:

In MM42, you alread found where to upload an image. All you have to do is save it in desktop for example, of the computer you are using to run the SAP GUI (example demo showroom). From there you can upload it and making it first in the series will be displayed without problem as image for the article you´re using.

Regards,

Gerson

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Palani,

I think you might have missed out on the configuration on this portion as mentioned

Take a look if the directory is set.

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi Siew Tim,

I have done all the settings and im able to access it if i store my image in my local desktop, which is of no use, because other users can't access it. So i have stored the image in Share folder but im not able to fetch the image from there. (This is my Actual Question )

Soluiton which i found :

Sap Gui is looking for URL Path and it is not accepting any other options, so your path should start with http or ftp , only then it is able to fetch the image. that is the error and it got rectified once we create a webserver and store the images in the folder.

0 Kudos

Hi Palani,

I encountered the same problem as you did.

I had to set the directory with "file://C:\Articleno.jpg". This way, I could get the image from my desktop.

When I load the image to the application server, I get a blank screen.

It must be due to the setting. It does not work even when I set it as "file:///interface/pos".

Thanks for sharing the details with me.

bye

0 Kudos

Hi Siew Tim, Colin Cheong,

Did you resolve the issue?

If yes, can you please share details?

Thanks,