Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining Partner Functions Sales Rep and Sales Managers in Quotes

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The requirement is when I create a quote  in SAP CRM I need to determine the sales representative, sales manager who is responsible for the particular customer, as per the requirement of the client the sales representative and sales manager are fixed for a particular customer and would be defined in the bp master data in SAP CRM, these need to get determined automatically when I enter the quote transaction in SAP CRM and the same partner functions should also get determined automatically when creating sales orders in ECC.

I have the following queries

1) Customers are going to get created in SAP CRM and getting replicated in SAP ECC, hence where in the BP master data do I assign the above mentioned Partner Functions so that when they get replicated in ECC they need to sit under the partner function tab in the customer master data in SAP ECC.

2) I have checked the Bp master data the same does not have the partner function category tab can this be enabled functionally?

3) Through partner determination procedure in SAP CRM I can determine the above functions in my transactions however which access sequence do I need to use to determine the same automatically once the relationship is established.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

1. You need to maintain the required partners in the RELATIONSHIP tab in SAP CRM BP Master Record.  You can use the standard Employee Responsible (00000014) or Sales Representative (00000012) partner function  which has a function category as Employee.  You can define your own partner function as well by copying the above partner functions.

2. The screen shot in your point 1, is from ECC.  The required partner function are available with required Relationship Category to choose from.

3.  You can use the Access Sequence 1001 -  Business Partner Relationships: Sold-To Party.  You should make your own Access Sequence by copying 1001 and do the changes accordingly.

Hope this will be useful.

Thanks and Regards

DJ

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

Thanks for the reply, I have a few queries on the same, I forgot to mention that the sales representative and the sales manager are internal employees of the organisation and these would be created in the HR Master data and replicated back in SAP CRM.

Screen shots given below pertain to different systems and are given below just for your understanding

1) As per your reply the same needs to be maintained under the relationship tab in the BP master data since the sales representative and sales manager are internal employees the relationship should be created

a) Has Sales Representative

b) Is Sales Representative.

c) Where can I define this relationships in customization? and which relationship category should I copy? I am attaching the screen shot below, appreciate if you could explain through screen shots

2) Once I maintain these business partners under the relationship category in SAP CRM will these partners flow into in the ECC system under the partner functions tab in customer master and get assigned automatically to the particular customer created in SAP CRM?

I ask this because the customer will fill this details only in the SAP CRM bp master data and since sales orders would be created in SAP ECC the partner functions will get determinted from customer master data in ECC.

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

Thanks for your help I did find  the solution, the same needs to be done through certain configurations

1) Relationship needs to be maintained in BUBA tcode

2) The same needs to be assigned to the new partner function category in CRM-Basic Functions- Partner Processing- Define Partner Functions.

3) As per your post above the new partner function needs to be assigned to the relationship category in the accounts overview tab.

4) Once done settings need to be done as part of middleware where CRM-Basic Functions- Partner Processing-Data Transfer-Distribution of Partner Functions from SAP CRM into SAP ECC.

Once all of these settings are done and if the employee is created in BUP003 role, then the sales representative will get replicated along with the customer in one go.

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

The detailed steps are highlighted in the wiki article below

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/Replication+of+Partner+Function+Employee+from+CRM+to+ECC

Kind Regards

Atul

Answers (0)