cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot import Crystal reports from CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have installed SAP Crystal report 2011 SP6 in our jumphost server.

Please not that our jumphost server is different from BO server.

When running the crystal report tool and click repository explorer and log in using the admin account. I was able to browse all the folders in our CMC but when I try to open the Crystal report I am getting this error

"The report could not be opened from SAP businessObjects Enterprise.

Possibly the reports is on different SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise system than the one you are currently logged onto. If problem persists. Please contact your administrator."

I hope you can help me on this.

Thank you everyone.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

It is resolved already. I don't know what happened but this morning it can import crystal report files from CMC already.

We did not do any configuration and we don't have any clear idea what happened but it is resolved already.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for letting us know Cris

I'll  close this Discussion, but you can always add to it should the gremlins come back.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

According to SAP Note: 1759400, this is because the user does not have this particular right - "Download files associated with the object".

Here's the Resolution Text from the same SAP Note:

• Login to Central Management Console (CMC) with the Administrator account.
  • Click on Folders.
  • Right click on the report  for which we are getting the error and click on User Security.
  • Click on Add Principals.
  • Select the User getting the error and click on '>'.
  • Click on Add & Assign Security.
  • Click on Advanced > Add/Remove Rights.
  • Click on General.
  • Grant the right "Download files associated with the object".
  • Click on Apply > OK.
  • Click on OK.

Hope this helps.

P.S: If this does not help, please check this thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2119737

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is not yet resolve I tried your advice but the administrator account has the correct rights.

and also in http://scn.sap.com/thread/2119737 the settings that it suggest is also applied in my CMC.

0 Kudos

Then check with the owners/administrators of you jumphost Server, sounds like it's not passing credential to BI server.

Don

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Cris,

i've seen this in the past on some systems where you tried to open a repo report in the designer. i couldn't find a way via rights to change this error.

to resolve: if the latest copy that you have is in the repository, the only way i found to resolve it was to export the report, as .rpt, from the cmc or your web portal, and then resave it into the cmc as a new report. the bad part of this is that the cuid of the working report will be different as will the ID, so any report to report hyperlinking would have to be adjusted.

i hope this helps,

jamie