Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default fatality field to 'No' in SAP EHSM2.0

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Users requesting some of the fields to have a default because 99% of the time they have to changes this field.

Fatality field always defaulting to 'Unknown', user wants to default this field to 'NO'. Because system is expecting this field to have yes or No before closing the incident.

Also Investigation required should always defaulted to 'Yes' as our EHS dept investigates the root cause for each and every incident. Currently it is defaulting to Unknown.

I checked settings for Business objects configuration but could not find anywhere to default the value.

Please advice on the above.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quantum,

You have various option like BOBF Node Class or Domain or UI to set default value but make sure you enhance the component never modify it.

Thanks

Bhuwan

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuwan,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Would you be more specific on what node classes that i have to enhance?

I am completely new to this Webdynpro concept and would like to study and gather more knowledge to support and implement on current business.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can any one share some ideas on how to accomplish the above questions?

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen

Please do the Below configuration

SPRO---> SAP EHS Management....> Foundations of EHS management...>General Configuration ...> Specify Filed controls

Select the BO "EHHSS_Incident" and Click on BO Nodes

Select BO Node : "Injury_Illness" and Select the Profiles for BO Nodes

Select the Profile "Fatality_TS_Unknown" and change the Node Attribute value which is set as By default "Unknown" to as u desired "No" as shown below.

Balajee

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the above configuration before and also today it didnt worked. I believe configuration step you have shown serve the different purpose but not sure what it is accomplishing.

Would you check in your system and let me know if the above configuration is defaulting to 'No' when you have assigned a injured person to Incident? If it is then there might be another piece of config missing from my end.

Please advice.

thanks,

Quantum.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

Good job, Excellent man!!!!!!!!!!

Edward

ingo_sigmund4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

while Balajee is correct with his answer to do such things using the features of BOPF and its enhancements possibilities, there is also an easier way for each user to set default values in WebDynpro dialogs. It does not work for all fields (especially not for radio buttons like the fatality and in tables) but for normal form fields the user can just right click in the field and set the currently shown value as default. So next time he opens the dialog, the entry is already prefilled. See attached sceenshot.

take care

Ingo

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

Thats one of the good feature we have in NWBC.

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

Did Balajee reply worked for you?

Dont know why but it didnt worked.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Could you provide your support package details? guess, field control changes do not take immediate effect. you need to check table and function level

I don't have that much explore in ABAP coding. Check this function EHFND_FCF_CTS_AFTER_IMPORT with help of ABAP Team then let us update. we will check where is the problem occur.

Edward